What's new

Williams Crossword

coastal

Registered
is a Williams "Crossword" game anything particularly special? I have been offered one in moderate condition - bit of woodworm and some electrical work needed. Looks nice. has hardwood trim and a cigarette holder. Would that be original? We seem to be looking at a pricetag of £500 as seen, which seems reasonable.
I wondered if it was a particularly rare game....
Im after a "players pinball" for fun, as such was really wanting sthg a bit livelier from the 1990s but this thing has come up, it's relatively close and the hardwood is nice. bit worried about the woodworm.

I know nothing about EM’s. However £500 seems steep for something riddled with woodworm. I’d be looking at half that

£500 for a wood rail game is not bad at all, I paid that for my Kick Off although that was fully working and no woodworm. The hard wood trim is original (that's why they're called wood rail games) as is the cigarette holder.

All wood rails are rare in this country but that doesn't mean they're super valuable. You might want to play it before buying though as the game has 9 gobble holes so not sure how much fun it will be to play :eek: The big concern is the wood worm and how bad it is as that can take a while to sort out so you might want to try and get the price down because of that. How are the backglass and plastics?

Yes, if the backglass is toast, it's $295 plus VAT plus shipping.

http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

If woodworm is active - pass!

In USA Williams woodrails are at least half the price of Gottlieb. And there are less Williams games because they weren't as popular.

A half decent Crossword in USA would be around $700 - for reference.

Back
Top Bottom