What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants to be a pinball designer?

Replay

Site Supporter
Great job if qualified and living in Texas:)

Pinball Game Designer
San Antonio, TX
Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $92,000.00 /year

BACKGROUND

deeproot Tech is seeking a full-time in-house pinball game designer for the development of mechanical pinball machines. This is a highly-creative, but detail-oriented position, focusing on the implementation of multiple and simultaneous projects that include both embedded control systems and mechanical action environments. It is the game designer's role to best articulate each game's thematic elements in a fixed physical environment. A successful candidate must not only demonstrate a past and present passion for pinball, but also have a credible link to design work in the pinball industry.

POSITION SUMMARY

A pinball game designer will be tasked with five areas of pinball game development from brainstorming to production:

• adherence to deeproot Tech's pinball standards;
  • balance customer play experience with project budget restrictions;
  • creation of a game scope around a theme, which includes game rules, playfield layout, component design, thematic elements, and project goals;
  • prototype of a flippable playfield which embodies the game scope; and
  • collaboration with other team members with the designing of game logic, animations, audio, and video to complete the game play and theme.
REQUIREMENTS

• An associates or bachelors degree.
  • Passion for pinball with a knowledge of the industry, electrical and mechanical constraints of pinball design, other game designs, and the design process, etc.
  • At least 5 years in some design or engineering facet of the pinball industry.
  • CAD experience (Solid Works Preferred)
  • Must be in, or willing to relocate to, the San Antonio, Texas area.
  • Ability to thrive in a fast-paced demanding work environment and work on multiple projects at once.
OTHER

The position is exempt. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Royalties and stock incentives are negotiable. Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment, accept direction from senior management, be self-reliant and detail oriented, and demonstrate good communication skills. This is not a remote or long distance position. Must relocate to the San Antonio, Texas area. Relocation assistance will be provided.

...NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE...

Posted 2 days ago

they are looking for a pinball designer, not a washed up used car salesman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a few BT shares and the financial press are telling me its due to an Italian accounting scandel, and their bad management of installing high-speed internet connections that my shares are crashing

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-over-delays-to-high-speed-cable-installation

" BT has been fined £42m, the largest penalty imposed by regulator Ofcom, and will have to pay an estimated £300m in compensation to rival telecoms companies over delays installing high-speed internet connections."

now i dont know who the architects of this are in BT, but I wouldnt call them a group of incompetent idiots even if the suit fits,
just not nice and may not be the individuals fault Neil.

That’s the difference though.

Read the pinside thread and see the behaviour that Andy engaged in; where it’s clear in my view that he lied to many people to get payment. It’s pretty horrific in my view.

But as a manager at BT (amongst many other jobs) yes we need to do better.

Neil.

This just about says it all, actually. There were fears about Deeproot Tech having nothing under the bonnet except for suspicious money of unknown origin, and then willingly taking on JPop without a clear, pre-established route of applying him as he used to be applied back at Williams; with kid gloves.

This kind of advert smacks of 'can you make our business work, pretty please?'

For the skills matrix required for the work and prior knowledge of who you would be working for, the salary IMO is inadequate and this is a risk for those brave enough to try it.

But that of course is just my worthless, inexperienced opinion!

I agree the salary is low. Its on the low end of what a video games designer would get in the states...and they are ten a penny.

Back
Top Bottom