What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whitewater coin door buttons

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
Before I lose my patience and stick a "Whitewater project" for sale thread up can anyone help me with an issue I'm having.

The game powers on and starts but when I go into the main menu the escape button won't work so I'm stuck. I've tried replacing the button which didn't work and this morning I've tried replacing the whole loom and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

Before I lose my patience and stick a "Whitewater project" for sale thread up can anyone help me with an issue I'm having.

The game powers on and starts but when I go into the main menu the escape button won't work so I'm stuck. I've tried replacing the button which didn't work and this morning I've tried replacing the whole loom and I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks
You sure problem isn't at the CPU board connector?

Check manual for which one.

Also check no signs of battery leak damage on CPU.

Assuming the new switch and loom are fine ( you could test that with with a test meter ) maybe swap mpu boards ( possibly with HS2 ) to try to prove whether its the mpu board or not?

The eight 'D' switches (coin inputs and the diagnostic buttons) have their own connector on the Cpu board. After referring to the wiring information, remove the connector (J 205?) and then power up the machine. Carefully touch a jumper wire between the relevant pin of the connector on the board and earth, which should put on a credit, if the machine's set for coin play - i'm not sure about its effect in free play. If not, the problem's with the cpu board.

Swapped the board out of my HS2 and it works, thanks for your suggestions. I can see the light at the end of this 3 year tunnel! :)

Probably worth sticking the wh2o board into hs2 to confirm the board is where the problem lies

Just tried it and yeah the escape button doesn't work so that's the problem.

My right hand flipper is locked on now though. Can someone upload a picture of their coil wiring as I reckon I've soldered it back together the wrong way round.... :hmm:

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom