What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Hi Guys,

I must be mad, but I have delved straight into my next project the WH20. This beast is a mess to be honest so I think it is going to a lot longer than the FT did. Also I am doing a playfield swap which I have never done before so another first for me!!

Here are a few pics before and the progress I made yesterday so far.

P6200261.JPG

P6200262.JPG

Filthy light board!!
P6200274.JPG

And head pretty much stripped

P6200281.JPG

Cab with playfield out - minging!!!
P6200291.JPG

P6200292.JPG

P6200293.JPG

P6200294.JPG

All Mechs are filthy
P6200301.JPG

P6200303.JPG

P6200332.JPG
The jet bumpers have two different lamp holders in them one is a 55 and two 44s ????

P6200346.JPG
Well on the way through teardown now

P6200374.JPG

It was proving all too much for Floyd !!!!

P6200397.JPG

This is as far as I got yesterday - not a bad days work!!!! more to follow soon!

Cheers Kev

Good going for a days work. I like to spend at least a day procrastinating the shyte out of everything before I even pick up a tool. Haha.

Can't wait to see your results!

And here's me only half way through my first playfield strip after a few weeks. You're definitely a machine Kev. :p

It's not a race, it's a passion for owning a beautiful machine.

True, I think we've all got that in spades. :) (Plus the level of abuse the pin suffered in a former life makes all the difference to how long it takes, or so I've discovered the hard way!)

Kev, are the pics so far of the old playfield? How come you're swapping it? Looks pretty nice to me from the photos.

True, I think we've all got that in spades. :) (Plus the level of abuse the pin suffered in a former life makes all the difference to how long it takes, or so I've discovered the hard way!)

Kev, are the pics so far of the old playfield? How come you're swapping it? Looks pretty nice to me from the photos.
Look a little more closely, it's a dog.
Eh Kev.

I like to spend at least a day procrastinating the shyte out of everything before I even pick up a tool.
It's not procrastination - it's called planning.
And here's me only half way through my first playfield strip after a few weeks.
Wow, that's fast. I've been at my Paragon for over a year and still haven't stripped the ruddy playfield!
It's not a race, it's a passion for owning a beautiful machine.
Thanks @replicas, now coming in last place won't feel like losing :)
(Plus the level of abuse the pin suffered in a former life makes all the difference to how long it takes, or so I've discovered the hard way!)
Yeah, that PF looks pretty good to me too! Or did you just get a good deal on a spare PF?

Yeah guys the playfield close up is pretty naff. I got a much better 2nd hand playfield in the deal so its going in. Got it from @Paul off here

I need to touch the playfield up a little - anyone know how to get the blue right for the playfield ???

How about this for hack - I cant believe it even actually works!!!

P6210441.JPG

The new chip has literally just been pushed over the top of the old one(presumably knackered) not even soldered on!!!!

So @replicas is this stripped far enough ready to swap the loom over to the new playfield then ? Mind I will first be touching the new one up and then clearcoating before I move anything over. At what point is it best to put the blind nuts into the back of the playfield ?

P6240443.JPG

I see you avoided revealing the identity of sandal man ;) Is it Andy Netherwood? :p
I wish carl !!!! No it was my son Matt who was helping me with it for one day - the sandals are mine though - Birkenstocks no less lol!!!!

OK a few issues - firstly security torx screws with the pin in the middle - where do I get the tools ? Need them to get the metal light topper of the head and the back box lock as well

Cab is now stripped and bare - what should I do with the base - looks like it has had a bit of water on it at some point ??

P6240474.JPG

Wooden side rails seem to have had a piece added to the top of them - guess this was because the metal slide rails were knackered. How do these would rails come off as I need to replace them ??

See in pic below

P6240468.JPG

Found this in the base as well - looks like it has had a few games 120183 to be precise!!!!!

P6240463.JPG

Lots of 'spare' bits attached to the speaker!!

P6240451.JPG

And finally for today sanded the head ready for new decals (when I get some) What was the blue paint again was it Peugeot Indigo blue and what colour primer for it ?

P6240473.JPG

Sand the bottom of the cab,
The wooden side rails are glued and nailed so will need scraper to ping them off.
The paint you need is either Peugeot indigo blue or Peugeot royal blue. Both will do the job.
Grey primer is best to use with blue.

So is there anyway to fix these inserts or do I just live with them. I know you can get the basic insert decals but some of these have pics on from the playfield as in this one ?

P6240447.JPG

Back
Top Bottom