What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whirlwind Shop Log

Cheers all, just had to make a few switch adjustments as stuff had moved in the shopping process but seems to be playing perfect now. Still need to sort out the Skyway Toll lamps though and replace a couple of other bulbs.

can't believe how good that Mylar looks

Yeah I'm really pleased with how its come up. That was a load of cleaning and then 5 coats of wax (Gerlitz No1)
smile-1.png

I might do a full shop of my pin in the future

I'd definitely recommend it, very satisfying
smile-1.png
The problem I've got now is no more pins to shop and I feel like doing another
sad-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1691005 said:
I'd definitely recommend it, very satisfying
smile-1.png
The problem I've got now is no more pins to shop and I feel like doing another
sad-1.png

Lol you can do mine if you want
wink-1.png

Looks amazing. Well jeal!!

Your skyway toll lamps will be Dry joints. Had the Same problem on mine. They may not necessarily look dry but reflow them anyway.

I want another WW. Miss it.

Your skyway toll lamps will be Dry joints. Had the Same problem on mine. They may not necessarily look dry but reflow them anyway.

Cheers Gaz, what's the process for reflowing the joints on the Skyway Toll lamp board? Is it just the joints for the connector pins and did you do this using a soldering iron? I've seen on the net that you can put boards in the over to reflow lots of joints at once but that seems kind of risky
smile-1.png

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1691043 said:
Cheers Gaz, what's the process for reflowing the joints on the Skyway Toll lamp board? Is it just the joints for the connector pins and did you do this using a soldering iron? I've seen on the net that you can put boards in the over to reflow lots of joints at once but that seems kind of risky
smile-1.png

OOhh noo - Just heat up an iron on the joint and flow a small amount of new solder into it - should make them look nice and shiny..

Shamelessly stolen....

View attachment 594

Paul

OOhh noo - Just heat up an iron on the joint and flow a small amount of new solder into it - should make them look nice and shiny..

Cheers Paul, is it just the joints for the connector pins I need to do this for?

I'm not sure - Gaz should be able to answer that - i can only tell ya HOW to get rid o the dry joints, not where they are
biggrin-1.png

The process of getting rid of the dry joints is affectively re-tinning the connection with a tiny bit of Fresh solder
smile-1.png

Yes mate. Unplug the connector and reflow the solder at the header pins. Should then work a treat. And it's literally a 2 min job.

Yes mate. Unplug the connector and reflow the solder at the header pins. Should then work a treat. And it's literally a 2 min job.

Nice one, I'll have a go at this tomorrow and let you know if it sorts it.

How did you get on with the pressless rivets? I've had varying results using them, even if they go on perfectly by the time you've overcome a couple of tricky ones on the same part the perfect one has worked loose. I've got to refit all the parts to a new ramp on my DH and I'm not looking forward to it, may end up a mix of rivets and bolts.

My first Mylar removal on the other hand went a doddle, I was well chuffed until I realised how much adhesive was left to remove. I've dropped some pics on facebook, I'll try and get the set on flickr and link them in at some point.

How did you get on with the pressless rivets?

Pretty well, although they were a bit fiddly to put on. I know what you mean about them working loose though. I was very gentle handling the plastics after I'd used the rivets.

Oh Yeah!!!!
biggrin-1.png

Ever since finishing the shop job on WW I've been struggling to put up a decent score as its a lot faster now. Been off work today so had a few warm up games and still the same story. Stopped for a brew and thought I'll have one more game.....

51.7 Million New Grand Champion Score Baby
biggrin-1.png
biggrin-1.png
biggrin-1.png

I have no idea whether this a decent score compared to what other people get but for me it's huge, 13M more than my old GC score. Just finished the game and I am buzzing! Some celebratory music is called for...

That sounds like a good score to me. I only had mine a couple Of weeks and managed to get about 25 million I think!!

Just looking back at this thread and realised I didn't come back to you on this :oops: Worked a like a charm and skyway toll lamps are working now, thanks for the advice mate
biggrin-1.png

Back
Top Bottom