What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Whirlwind 1850 - Martin here tomorrow for pickup ! : )

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Reluctantly have to start letting some stuff go ..... I shall miss this but you can't keep em all

Whirlwind ! No introduction needed ....from 1990 one of the top tier System 11 era machines - some say the best. Pat Lawlor classic etc

The Good

Plays really well. All working.
Ramps were off, cleaned and rerubbered in last couple years.
Playfield nice. Had full mylar so well protected . Couple of minor wear points. Insert wear to 'Shoot Again' - looks like at some point in past someone removed a bit of mylar there. Couple of inserts are slightly raised but really not enough to worry about, never caused me any issues.
Plastics good. I fitted a few new ones ...slings, backboard. The often broken 'Skill Shot' one is perfect.
Cliffys fitted to Cellar scoops.
PinLED replacement display fitted. So no danger of outgassing display. Good and bright.
Fan topper housing was NEW a few years ago.
Spinning discs all had textured disc replaced a few years back so in great shape. Minimal , if any, wear around the edges.
Remote battery holder fitted by previous owner. No danger of battery leak.

The Not So Good

Backbox - really rough on the left side. Right better but still a bit battered.
Cabinet - some security bar holes evident, a few scuffs and what not here and there. Bit of wood damage lower front.
Coin Door - scruffy around the coin slots.
Booting up - occasionally it doesn't quite complete full boot on power on. Switch off and on and it then does. I have no idea why and it never bothered me enough to figure it out. Thought I would mention it though.

I had intended to give the coin door a lick of paint. That would sort that.
Backbox - never bothered me as in my lineup I never see it. Decals are available.

If this was redecalled it could be a VERY nice Whirly.

Asking 1850. I am just outside Brighton - come and get the machine and enjoy some sunshine on the beach .

This is also going up on Ebay tonight

Martin deliveryman is due here TOMORROW morning dropping another game off so you could take advantage of that ! Depending on his route you could be playing this bad boy tomorrow night :D£85 ish for delivery I think he still asks.

Pics coming in next few mins.

Last edited:

boot on power on. Switch off and on and it then does. I have no idea why and it never bothered me enough to figure it out. Thought I would mention it though.

If anyone figures this out. Please let me know as my Banzai Run does exactly the same thing.

Must’ve been a tough decision to sell. It’s a cracking game. Looking forward to seeing its replacement, although I have an idea what it might be ?

This is the best playing system 11 that money can buy.

Not just me that spouts it, ww has consistently been the highest rated system 11 title for many years

For those who only want dmd games and are too scared to buy an alphanumeric title - this is the one to take a chance on

It is like dialed-in minus LEDs, TV and complicated rules. But for 6 grand less you get proven technology that still works 20 years on, zero air balls, a better theme, one of the best toppers in pinball history and a properly designed playfield

This is the best playing system 11 that money can buy.

Not just me that spouts it, ww has consistently been the highest rated system 11 title for many years

For those who only want dmd games and are too scared to buy an alphanumeric title - this is the one to take a chance on

It is like dialed-in minus LEDs, TV and complicated rules. But for 6 grand less you get proven technology that still works 20 years on, zero air balls, a better theme, one of the best toppers in pinball history and a properly designed playfield

Aaaaagh ..........stop it ......I'll be changing my mind again :eek:

I'm the same must resist as I'm in the middle of a tz restore so don't need more headaches.
Good luck with sale sarge.did you plunge for a munsters in the end

If anyone figures this out. Please let me know as my Banzai Run does exactly the same thing.

The first thing to check would be what the led sequence is doing when the game doesn’t boot. Ie what number of flashes are appearing as the fault code. Is this the same each time or different? Also, an overall check of the board for battery acid damage new or old should be performed.

Back
Top Bottom