What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to get a new cabinet from?

Dunc

Registered
Morning all,

as the title says. Where would be the best place to get a new replacement cabinet from for my Bally Corvette? Mines way too far gone to repair!

Cheers

Dunc

How far gone is it? Most things are repairable.

Never had a cabinet made in the UK that fits, I just had to abandon a TAF restore because a cabinet made by someone on this list make it the wrong size and the plywood warped.

So the glass falls out

Dont bother. No one can make a cabinet.

I just burnt a grand on this TAF cabinet.

.IMG_9504.jpgIMG_9502.jpg

Same fella on facebook make that one?

@philpalmer woah! Ok, that is bad! Making me think now i may have to get a 2nd hand cabinet again (which is what i was originally going to do). But thought a new cab for under £500 would be the best way to go!

Dunc

@philpalmer woah! Ok, that is bad! Making me think now i may have to get a 2nd hand cabinet again (which is what i was originally going to do). But thought a new cab for under £500 would be the best way to go!

Dunc

I’ve got a decent cab with a nba basket ball playfield in it :) £800 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Manny used to do very good work, as lots of people here can attest, but he's no longer got access to the necessary tools.

The pictures posted of that cab - regardless of incorrect dimensions - look pretty rough and poorly finished if the price was £1k .....

Cosmokramer on Pinside was working on a flatpack WPC cabinet project. They look very good. However he's put that on the backburner whilst he tries to work out shipping solutions within the US. Bulk orders going via pallet internationally ought to be easy, if he does start offering them again in future. They looked really good, assuming you have the skills and tools to put them together.

I haven't heard particularly good things about any of the kits or fully built cabs available in Europe. You could ask Pinball Dreams to sell you one, and I'd expect it to be top notch, but you'd probably be paying top end.

Back
Top Bottom