What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where can I buy one of these?

Wiredworm

Registered
It looks like whilst stripping down Rocky & Bullwinkle I managed to damage one of the screws that holds the diverter to it's shaft. I've determined the screw to be the issue because there are two holes that need securing and if I use one screw it tightens up in both, whereas if I try the other it just keeps turning.

There are two diverters on this machine and both of them use two screws each. So far i've not been able to identify a part number so I have no clue if they can even be bought on their own.

Grateful if anyone has any ideas on a part number or where I might get hold of one.

Thanks in advance.

20170821_204738.jpg 20170821_204733.jpg

Which one Paul?

I trawled Pinball Center and couldn't find one - the link you've posted just takes me to a search page which loads on; but none that look like a match to me.

The ones on Andys site are a longer screw - but you look to be bang on with the hard drive screws.

Not sure what i'd do with 50 of them. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find anyone selling in lower quantities but at a pinch i'll just grab those for and keep what I don't need as spares.

Thanks Paul.

Haha, good point. And as it turns out i've just recently been flogged a stupidly powerful PC for peanuts. Could well get some use out of a few of them.

The list of odds and sods that I need to order to get this job finished up is growing. Alas it's looking like some of the parts aren't available in the UK at the usual stockists.

Just in case anyone has any ideas I also need one of these.

1 x Sheet Metal Screw #6 x 1-1/4" P-FLH-A
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4106-01042-20

Any dimensions Pete ? They look very like Cisco mounting bracket screws which I have gazillions off
Aaah good call. I'll check in or office tomorrow as well as we might have some of those lying around.

Just in case however, i'll do my best to give some ham-fisted measurements ;-)

Head Size: 7mm
Length (Total): 7mm
Length (Thread): Approx 3.5mm

Thanks for the help with this :)

Pretty deceptive to be honest - they're some of the smallest screws i've seen on this machine. :)

I have a load of diff computer screws I'll dig them out tonight see if I have some of thoughs (the little one) think Andy sells them long ones

Pretty deceptive to be honest - they're some of the smallest screws i've seen on this machine. :)

Ok, they seem to be just over 7mm in diameter and length so they might just do the trick?
If you want to pm me your address I can send a few over to you

pinscrew.jpeg

hmm, that seemed better on my phone

Unfortunately the screws that @BigIan shipped to me weren't suitable. A big thanks to him for trying though.

I've also contacted @arakissun but unfortunately he didn't have any either. I also had to put an order in with The Pin Witch in Germany so I ordered a couple of random screws from there on the off chance they might fit, but no luck.

I'm off to our HQ in Denmark next week and a pinhead colleague of mine tells me their maintenance department has a huge number of different screws so we're going to head down to see if we can find a match.

In the meantime i've trawled Marcos and I think it could be one of these three.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-04
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4004-01041-04
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4010-01044-04

Of the three i'd say the last one can probably be discounted; it's describes as 10-32 which probably means the body of the screw is going too thick. The others might be possibilities though.

Have you got any pictures of the Hook diverter @astyy ? I'd be interested to see why it uses longer screws.

As it turns out i'd been trawling the Marcos site and I think these could be the screws i'm after.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-04

@arakissun had very kindly offered to get some to me because he has a friend who's in the US at the moment but the link you've posted looks like I can get the very same screws locally here in the UK. I reckon it's worth a crack and if no luck then i'll have to look at grabbing the ones from Marco.

Edit: It's a shame that eBay seller isn't open on Sundays as i'll be within about 5 minutes of them later today when I go to pick up my daughter. They're only just outside Lincoln. Aaah well, ordered a pack of 10 for now but i'm headed away in the morning so I won't know if they're any good until I get back on Thursday night.

Have you got any pictures of the Hook diverter @astyy ? I'd be interested to see why it uses longer screws.
Simple answer - they're too long and protrude from the shaft about 1/8". Perhaps they tidied things up by the time they got to R&B fitting proper length machine screws.

Sounds like theres a good chance the ones I've grabbed will fit then.

Thanks for that. Hopefully another job off the list. If so then it should be possible to actually play a gamr once the diverter is refitted. :)

Thanks @astyy.

The screws arrived whilst I was in Copenhagen. I got back last night and tried one out - looks to be an almost exact match.

Just need to tighten it up properly and fit the circlips to the shaft and then I can get it reinstalled back into the machine. Then I can actually play a game.

Back
Top Bottom