What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favourite Video Pinball Game ?

RetroHeed

Registered
Alias
Scott
My all time favourite is Devil Crash on the PC Engine, developed by Compile and published by Naxat Soft in 1990.. This is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion, stunning graphics, fast and addictive gameplay and complete with an outstanding soundtrack. Everything comes packaged in a HuCard that fits nicely in the Wallet 😀 Devil Crash is actually a sequel to the original Alien Crush, although Alien Crush is great Devil Crash is perfection.

IMG_20220202_224813012.jpg

Technosoft also ported Devil Crash to the Japanese Sega Mega Drive in 1991. Tengen also published the game in Europe for the Pal Mega Drive under the title Dragon's Fury.

There are some differences between the PC Engine version and the Mega Drive version but both look, play and sound fantastic, with either being highly recommended.

IMG_20220202_225355618~2.jpg

Here are some screenshots showing the PC Engine version (taken form the web)

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 23.34.38.png

Here is a screenshot showing the Stage 6 Boss on the Mega Drive version (taken from the web)

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 23.37.52.png

Here is a gameplay video on YouTube (not by me)

Some of the retro gamer people on here my know this game ? However if you have not heard of or seen Devil Crash I highly recommend you check this out, the Mega Drive title is likely the best route for most people tbh. A nice complete boxed Pal (UK) Mega Drive copy can usually be picked up from £10-20.

I thought I would share this amazing game just incase some of you had not played, heard or seen this before. The soundtrack alone is well worth a listen its the good, that main table sound never gets old.

If I ever win the Lotto I'll be paying someone to make me a real Pin in the Devil Crash Theme 😃

@Ashbo @ronsplooter

I remember the Pinball Dreams and Fantasises names now that you mention them. I think I have played these back at and old high school friends house in the 90s. I'll have to check out some gameplay vides on YT. I never had an Amiga back in the day, nor a Atari 2600 so I have never heard of Midnight Magic.

After playing Devil Crash nothing I never really played any other video pinball games really. Actually I purchased Demon's Tilt on the Switch last year or in 2019, that's also a good game, it's a throw back to Crash/Crush games actually and is worth checking out if on sale on the eShop.

I remember pinball fantasies on Amiga. Did it have that clown table?
I was too young to understand pinball but still remember it.

Other than the emulator vpin type games like Pinball fx I think Pro Pinball Timeshock and Big Race USA are amazing and were made as if they are real tables.

I wish they were.
Infact in hindsight Big Race USA might have been the subconscious cause for my love for Road Show

big-race-usa_5161.jpg

I remember pinball fantasies on Amiga. Did it have that clown table?
I was too young to understand pinball but still remember it.

Other than the emulator vpin type games like Pinball fx I think Pro Pinball Timeshock and Big Race USA are amazing and were made as if they are real tables.

I wish they were.
Infact in hindsight Big Race USA might have been the subconscious cause for my love for Road Show

View attachment 160040
I think you may be right about the Clown, on the Amiga game.

I'll need to check out those VPin games and Pinball FX, sounds like fun.

Devil crash was the 1st real wow pinball game for me too on the PC Engine and was just everything and more.
Devil Crush although a great game kinda didn’t quite have the impact for me.
The next game for me that was a generation on in terms of wow factor was Timeshock Pinball
That I pumped god knows how many hours into even more so than Devil Crash.
I’m sure Timshock was that good it got crowd funding support for a remake with talk of it actually getting made into an actual pinball machine.
However all the above was trumped by the Pinball Arcade and I think I bought every table on steam and ended up with me building several Virtual Pins with that and Vpinmame installed.
Pinball FX for me is the flagship and I’m counting the days until they make VR an option on the new FX3 version to play the Bally/Williams classics! I think is a natural progression for the game as VR is definitely where it’s at and coupled with the FX3 physics is gonna be mind blowing IMO

Devil crash was the 1st real wow pinball game for me too on the PC Engine and was just everything and more.
Devil Crush although a great game kinda didn’t quite have the impact for me.
The next game for me that was a generation on in terms of wow factor was Timeshock Pinball
That I pumped god knows how many hours into even more so than Devil Crash.
I’m sure Timshock was that good it got crowd funding support for a remake with talk of it actually getting made into an actual pinball machine.
However all the above was trumped by the Pinball Arcade and I think I bought every table on steam and ended up with me building several Virtual Pins with that and Vpinmame installed.
Pinball FX for me is the flagship and I’m counting the days until they make VR an option on the new FX3 version to play the Bally/Williams classics! I think is a natural progression for the game as VR is definitely where it’s at and coupled with the FX3 physics is gonna be mind blowing IMO

Excellent, glad I found another PC Engine and Devil Crash fan its so good... Jaki Crush is also pretty good IMO on the Super Famicom, not quite Devil Crash but I like it more then Alien Crush.

I have never heard of Timeshock I will have to check it out, sounds great.

I should really check out Pinball Arcade, FX3 etc, though I have never played anything on Steam before I tend just stick with the older consoles titles. VR Pinball sounds incredible and should be mind blowing as you have said.

I’m also desperately waiting for the new pinball fx in vr.
Zen haven’t confirmed anything, but have also not denied it happening, so fingers crossed it will come eventually
Pinball in VR sounds like a blast, hopefully something will happen soon for you with that.

Everything @Colywobbles said above! ( he used to be my drug dealer back in the day ). I have the fondest memories of my PC Engine, it was way ahead of its time and the first of my many import consoles ( it wasn't released here at all ). Good times. The music in Devil Crash is still awesome.

Last edited:
Everything @Colywobbles said above! ( he used to be my drug dealer back in the day ). I have the fondest memories for my PC Engine, it was way ahead of its time and the first of my many import consoles ( it wasn't released here at all ). Good times. The music in Devil Crash is still awesome.
Just to clarify the term "Drug Dealer" was pretty much spot on.
I used to import Consoles and Games back in the day with numerous trips to China (said in a trump'esk voice) the Demand was much like todays pinballs and I just couldn't get enough of them but eventually this spawned numerous copiers that was the kinda begining of the end. Needless to say I also imported vast amounts of and these too which were just as much in demand as the games themselves.
Ah the good old days of Megaware.

Just to clarify the term "Drug Dealer" was pretty much spot on.
I used to import Consoles and Games back in the day with numerous trips to China (said in a trump'esk voice) the Demand was much like todays pinballs and I just couldn't get enough of them but eventually this spawned numerous copiers that was the kinda begining of the end. Needless to say I also imported vast amounts of and these too which were just as much in demand as the games themselves.
Ah the good old days of Megaware.
😃 Ah thats awesome. It was all about playing the Imports back in the day, the UK had a great import scene back then.

Back
Top Bottom