What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's It worth - Spirit

Poibug

Registered
Need to start thinning the hers - prob be putting up Volcano and HH , know where I am on them but not really sure on what a fair price would be for a spirit - not many of them and limited market(compared to say a MET,AC/DC or LOTR) .

Yes as in any game it's worth what it's worth but really not sure where to start on this one

Poibug

Nooooo not the multiball hh!! Anyone called dibs on it yet????

Dibs

But sorry bud. Not a clue on the spirit

Pure guesses and speculation here ... There are virtually no precedents for games like this.

Isn't @Moonraker the man on this sort of thing ?

A haunted house was hanging around ebay for a while recently. It looked a really nice one. The seller was after £2650, but presumably did a cash deal or kept it

So for a spirit, £2000 ?

It may be one of those games where you would actually get a much better price by exporting it. I know that is heresy. I love to see stuff like this turn up at shows. But as I understand it many Gottliebs ended up in France so the yanks that want a Spirit may be open minded to an overseas deal.

Last edited:
It depends on how quick you want a sale... and if you want to ship overseas or not. Also on condition of the machine/amount of playfield wear.

Spirit - UK price up to £3,500 - USA price £5,000 upwards. I'd probably use Pinside or Ebay to list.
Volcano - probably £1,200 - £1,500 mark.
HH - £2,500 to £3,500 (£2,500 for ropey version, probably £3,500 for a nice muliball version).

Don't worry mate, if Spirit goes a three figure donagion will be made to the British Heart Foundation (in light of Nigel)

It depends on how quick you want a sale... and if you want to ship overseas or not. Also on condition of the machine/amount of playfield wear.

Spirit - UK price up to £3,500 - USA price £5,000 upwards. I'd probably use Pinside or Ebay to list.
Volcano - probably £1,200 - £1,500 mark.
HH - £2,500 to £3,500 (£2,500 for ropey version, probably £3,500 for a nice muliball version).
Holy cr#p........ I am waaaay out of touch with these oldie prices these days [emoji47]

I wouldn't be able to cling onto a HH if its worth that much. Black Hole however is priceless!

There was a fully working Spirit which sold on ebay for £800 some 15 years ago... which enouraged me enough to buy the next project one that appeared on ebay a couple of weeks later. Well that and the six flippers it has! :D

Edited to add - that was when a TAF was £600 tops and MM / MB / AFM were around the £800-£1000 mark.

Last edited:
considering how awful the early Gottlieb solid state games were they really stepped up the mark in 1981

my first Gottlieb game was Rocky and it was so difficult to shift on when I bored of it. Recently sold Cactus Jacks so now its just BH , Pink Panther , Class 1812 and Buckaroo

Back
Top Bottom