What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's It Worth - Decent Working Gottlieb Genie ?

DRD

Registered
Picked a dead one up yesterday. Never going to be a minter but is well above average.

1979 Widebody. First generation of Gottlieb SS. Pre speech. Single Ball. Fabulous Artwork, right up there with the very, very best of all time. 3 full Flippers. Mini playfield with 2 flippers

So basically, it is Gottlieb's version of Bally's Paragon. But with a mini PF as well.

Does anyone know what these things are worth please ? They are much more common in Europe and the US than here.

I did not buy it to try to make cash, but want to cut my cloth appropriately. You need to watch the pennies when you renovate a Harlem Globetrotters, whereas you may sensibly spend more on a Flash Gordon or Fathom. With this, I could go out and spend £350 on a complete set of new boards for example, or I could try to fix up what I have

Thanks

genie.jpg

Nice pickup - I've only played this one virtually but it's an awesome game. Looking forward to the shop logs!

Pretty game but the running ebay auction price sort of tells you it's not valued.
Weak link is the mpu so maybe invest in a repro one of those but make do and mend on the other pcbs. Can someone lend you a board the same way an altek gives you a good starting point on ballys? We only have 80a gottliebs but boxes of generic Playfield parts if you need coils brackets etc etc

Reactions: DRD
It is the eBay one. Not working and the seller didn't provide information to at least two of those asking questions, so sensible folk would have walked away.

Surely - ALWAYS try to repair the boards - that is half the fun :)

I was gutted to miss out on this due to the art package - that game is a moving piece of art...

Unfortunately it is a HUGE moving piece of art.

Back
Top Bottom