What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What other games do people play?

Me too, just had to buy it for my son last week! ;-)

I don't have a son to use as an excuse so I just have to admit that I bought it for myself! But I have owned every Mario Kart game ever. So I had to have it.

It is surprisingly good actually. Good enough to warrant buying a Wii U. (As is Zelda WW HD of course which is just gorgeous.)

Hello,

Nice thread - quite interesting to read what everyone else is up to.

I've got 4 arcade cabs: Original Atari Gauntlet; a Metal Magnum jamma cab, currently in vertical orientation with Psyvariar Revision R in it, a Fairground Attraction jamma cab with SF2:WW in it, Initial D sit down cab, currently being prepared for full metal work restoration. Have got a few rooms full of arcade boards, 90% working. Am trying to see if I can fix an Acrobat Mission board I got dead from ebay for pence; and trying to fix the sound on my Wonderboy 3 pcb. Spent time today with a magnifying glass indexing capacitors on each so I can place an order. (My eyesight isn't so good with those tiny caps)

Two pins: Bally Knockout and Sega Star Wars Trilogy. Both poorly but I'm trying my best and being super careful. Can't wait until I can actually play some pinball!

Playing Faster Than Light on my ipad when on the train.

Finally a bit of Star Craft 2 on my mac when I get the time (ha!)

Cheers,

Johnny

I don't have a son to use as an excuse so I just have to admit that I bought it for myself! But I have owned every Mario Kart game ever. So I had to have it.

It is surprisingly good actually. Good enough to warrant buying a Wii U. (As is Zelda WW HD of course which is just gorgeous.)

Spent far too many hours on the original SNES Mario Kart... Superb game. Less time played as the games have evolved. Good to hear it's still going strong and still good fun.

As a bit if life-long Nintendo-fan I had considered a cheap WiiU if one cropped up.

Wind waker on the Cube was brilliant. No Ocarina, but a nice twist on the series.

Anyone play Tanks (the last mini game on Wii Play)? Simple but superb! We've had some epic tank-a-thons (I said Tank).

I also go on long [real] bike rides.

Yep I'm with Paul and fintan stack (dirty fecker).. Mario kart all the way. I own all of the Nintendo consoles and have then all set up in one cupboard linked to an old CRT TV. The snes Mario kart is the best and the gameboy sp version is pretty special as well. n64 version the worst. I will try and get a wii u for Mario kart 8...... Has to be done I think

I really like goldeneye on n64 and still play it regularly now.

Also love collecting and playing game & watch's. And if anyone has a Donkey kong Jr G & With to sell ( the green one) then I would be very interested!

I will check out tanks in wii as I've heard another friend say that is good so will pick it up for cheap on amazon.

Good to see some fellow Nintendo fans here. I also still have all the Nintendo consoles set up. I don't play them most of them that much these days to be honest but I still find time for a few bouts of Goldeneye when my brother comes to stay. When it comes to Mario Kart, I have always loved Double Dash. I don't know why but it is definitely my favourite. I love them all though.
I do love me some Zelda though. I play them more than anything else. OOT is probably still my favourite video game of all time. Closely followed by some other Zelda titles.

Still hoping for a Zelda pin one day. You never know!

Nintendo for the win! I think I mentioned it earlier but I've got NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii, along with Gameboy, DS (original and slim) and DSi.

I've turned to the Dark Side recently as my son bought a second-hand PS3 from CEX so he could play Little Big Planet 2. Have to say I'm very impressed with the whole PlayStation operating system and we now use it as the main DVD player along with BlinkBox and Amazon Instant streaming. I'm less impressed with the selection of games for PlayStation though... you can tell the whole thing has become the domain of angst ridden teenage boys as all the games are quite violent and mostly fall into the shooting and zombie genres (yawn) so most are unsuitable for 10- and 5-year old kids. Shame really as the hardware is quite impressive.

I had a life laundry a couple of years ago and sold ALL my boxed consoles!!! Nes, SNES, GameCube, n64, GBA, ps1, ps2, xbox, plus hundreds of games!!!

Regret doing that now.

Snes addict here. Love playing the old classics like Mariokart, Megaman X, All the Mario's, Castlevanias etc...

Not so long ago, I was buying shedloads of good quality games on ebay for under a tenner each in the boxes. Now, its bend over time if you want an old game you once had. I just watched this game go through the roof (I thought I was mad bidding £100 for it!!):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILD-GUNS...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Holy crap!! Didn't realise they went for that much!! Can't say I've ever heard of that game!! Must be a good un'

Holy crap!! Didn't realise they went for that much!! Can't say I've ever heard of that game!! Must be a good un'
Holy crap, indeed! £470 fat ones??? Could buy a PS4 and WiiU for that. I realise it's a mint collectors piece but that's just nuts... :cuckoo:

What the actual ****? That's ridiculous!

I sold Conker's Bad Fur Day a few years ago. Cart only. £45.

Top game by the way - the Xbox version is a shambles in comparison.

It all went wrong when Microsoft bought RARE....

What the actual ****? That's ridiculous!

I sold Conker's Bad Fur Day a few years ago. Cart only. £45.

Top game by the way - the Xbox version is a shambles in comparison.

It all went wrong when Microsoft bought RARE....

A sad day indeed. Goldeneye, perfect dark, diddly kong racing, donkey kong 64. Banjo kazooie, banjo tooie......

Bit of a console collector as well. Got most of the Nintendo ones...NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and DS, most of Sega...Master System, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast and then selected others PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Panasonic 3DO, Atari 2600, Amiga 500 and 1200.....there might be others as well, can't remember :D

No space to have them all setup at the moment...but one day:)

Picked up Last of Us Remastered for the PS4 last week :) Never had a PS3 so this is the first time playing it and it's awesome!

If you ever get the chance, have a go at 'Shadow of the colossus'. Utterly breath taking game.

Love the pic above where a loved ones degree takes a back seat to the power of Nintendo.:rofl::thumbs:

love my pins but like consoles-prob have dozen or so,old and new.Still like games like combat on the 2600,or rampart on the atari lynx,but like stuff like forza too.

Fave vid games of all time?
Arcade ferrarri 355,power drift and NARC

Cosoles/pc Panzer General 2,UFO enemy unknown(and the xbox 360 sequel),interstate 76,combat,lemans 24 on dreamcast,skies of arcadia,mario kart,gladius,and of course Duke Nukem 3d.HAIL TO THE KING BABY - one day will do a Volcano pinball retheme into duke:cuckoo:

Made a rookie mistake at the start of the holiday. My daughter loves Dance Dance Revolution. I got carried away in an arcade and said I'd look into seeing if I could buy one for her. Checked ebay and the ****ers are almost 2 grand!

Been checking out various auctions and now have two extremely sturdy metal dance mats and discovered that there are emulators on the Wii and PlayStation, (The Wii one is pretty good but only came with a plastic slipppy mat), so I'm in the process of building her one - think I can do the whole set up for less than £200. It's basically going to be an excuse to rig up loads of disco lights and a smoke machine. In my heart I know I should make it a permanent more robust set up but these ****ers are big, so I'd lose 2 or 3 pins. Tried to see if I could get it built in the living room but apparently wives don't like girly arcade machines any more than pins:(

Bet it only gets used once or twice. I've got 4 days of holiday left, so I want to set it up in the backroom when my wifes out and then play the "but it's been there for months" card when she finally sees it.

Back
Top Bottom