What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this switch?

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hi all.

Recently acquired a 1975 Bow & Arrow which is around 95% working. I am just having trouble with this switch that controls the collect bonus kicker. 9/10 times the ball goes in and it doesn't register. I've tried cleaning it with a business card on the contacts, done a bit of bending, re-soldered the connectors on the switch but it is still flaky. I'd like to get a replacement, but I can't find the part number in the manual or even see where to order it from, I'd have thought @pinballmania would have one, or might know what switch this is! Many thanks for any advice.

pbxq74l.jpg

I don’t have this switch. But it’s a high voltage contact so cleaning it with a business card isn’t going to do anything. You need to remove the oxidation with a contact file or emery paper.

I don’t have this switch. But it’s a high voltage contact so cleaning it with a business card isn’t going to do anything. You need to remove the oxidation with a contact file or emery paper.

Thanks for the advice Andy, I'll give that a go!

Looks like it might need straightening to realign it. I use a dremel to clean hv switches like this

Back
Top Bottom