What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What device do you watch pinball tutorials on?

What device do you most watch pinball tutorials on?

• Desktop / monitor

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Laptop

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Tablet

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Mobile phone

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
You didn't add TV. Most TV's have you tube app installed and I watch it on there or my phone.

When I first got into all this PAPA used to put two versions of each Bowen tutorial on Vimeo, one in portrait and one in landscape. That always seemed perfect to me (plus Vimeo always seemed to give better quality streams than YouTube)

Nowadays though I watch on telly via YouTube or Twitch app.

You didn't add TV. Most TV's have you tube app installed and I watch it on there or my phone.
I'd count that as desktop/monitor.

I just think that the majority of tutorials are set in landscape, meaning less than a third of the screen is actually the playfield, the rest is the scoreboard or logos or a camera set on the person talking.

I was thinking of a layout something like this:

Would be preferable for phones and tablets?

Just ignore the actual quality of play for now ;)

I use iPad now as switching on a computer/laptop takes far to long to come on ;)
And as for using a phone and pushing it on to the Tv ,will that will never happen, 2 kids plus wife = rare chance with watching my programs :rofl:

Having watched a few and tried a few different scenes and layouts - the best scene sadly is the pinball machine top to bottom as most streams have, otherwise its just too hard to relate to whats going on in the game. Just make sure you put the playfield on the left as twitch put the chat overlay on the right.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Having watched a few and tried a few different scenes and layouts - the best scene sadly is the pinball machine top to bottom as most streams have, otherwise its just too hard to relate to whats going on in the game. Just make sure you put the playfield on the left as twitch put the chat overlay on the right.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not currently intending streaming (until I have a laptop that has enough power), just uploading tutorials and gameplay.

I agree that the playfield has to remain vertical, rather than the brain trying to figure out what's going on with the playfield horizontal - it'd be like playing with reverse flippers.

The point being whether people watch the videos with their screen in portrait or landscape orientation. The majority of videos seem to be set-up for landscape, thus (assuming you have the playfield vertical) limiting the size of the playfield available.

If people watch on mobile devices which can be viewed in portrait - it seems to make more sense to me to tailor the layout to portrait.

I usually watch them through my phone on the TV. But I used to like the Papa vids that were filmed in portrait. So when I enlarged it, it went the full vertical size of my tablet. I don't bother too much about seeing the Dmd or the guys mug who is playing ?

Back
Top Bottom