What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Time to be a Pinball Buyer

DRD

Registered
So many collectible pre-90s titles up for grabs right now across this forum, Gumtree, eBay....

Banzai
Haunted
Night Moves
Wizard
Fireball

Sought after 90s ...

AFM
MB
Popeye !
TZ
TOM
Whitewater
GNR

Modern Sterns...

Star Trek
Aerosmith
Tron

I havent bought a game since June, which is a record for me. All these titles up for grabs at the moment are so tempting!

I haven't made a purchase since January. Longest spell since being in the hobby. I could squeeze one more in the dining room if I got rid of the dining table but I'm also looking to move house so saving hard.....plus there is Brexit just around the corner which is starting to look like one monumental screw up. A recession could be looming.

Why do so many people rubbish Popeye just to be popular and keep in with crowd, typical.
I’ve never played it either, I dont like the look of it but i would definately play it if i ever saw one. Theres no such thing as a bad pinball machine, just some are better than others! ;)

I played it once and it was a badly broken example of a game. Impossible to make a judgement on a game in the state that it was, but I must say there are games that tolerate some bad switches okay, and some that become unplayable - this popeye was impossible to enjoy at all. It's a shame - I'll give any game an honest try and I usually find something to like about them. One day I'll be able to try it properly.

Batman 66 springs to mind, or walking dead at being worse (my opinion of course)

It's not the worst to play but when new it cost more than ST TNG but took zero on site and many operators in the UK got burnt . Signalled the end of the pinball early 90s boom. Many ops became hyper cautious and passed on gamea like WC94 and the distributors had to serious start price cutting. Williams bally were on a roll but you could argue Popeye was when the wheels started to come off

here s the proof that I "allowed" a Popeye to fall into my possesion - only ONE not TEN plus like most WPC games. And it JUST survived the axe by scraping £780 on eBay back in 2009 .

Attachments

• 4131858260_bff9bc0aca_o.jpg
    4131858260_bff9bc0aca_o.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 4131859346_8deb2ee6c8_o.jpg
    4131859346_8deb2ee6c8_o.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 26
Why do so many people rubbish Popeye just to be popular and keep in with crowd, typical.

Herd mentality. Also a lot of newcomers have come to pinball collecting in the last few years - many of whom base their opinions on stuff like the Pinside Top20 etc ,.. without having ever formed their own opinion on games.

I mean the whole idea of 'best' games is pretty crazy ...if you are in the middle of playing a machine, any machine, and are having fun ..you aren't thinking ..'Oh boy this is ok but I'd be having so much more fun if I was playing the Top 5 rated machine on Pinside instead'

While we are on the subject of Popeye ...what is it with you guys ? , it's like you are obsessed with it or something, it's verging on unhealthy :rofl::rofl: ...... here is my take on stepping away from the crowd and giving a game a chance... :thumbs:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...opeye-the-good-the-bad-and-the-spinach.34036/

I'll give it a go, as I will anything, I didn't like TAF at all, it's gone up in my estimations, but IMHO it isn't worth what it fetches, same for AFM - I enjoy that but would MUCH rather a MM.

It is of course horses for courses, but a Top WHATEVER does bench out more enjoyable games than others, so there is something to be said for that. That is why there is generally this concept in my mind of

Bad:

Dialed In, Twilight Zone, Roadshow

Good:

World Poker Tour, Judge Dredd,

Better:

Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters, Attack From Mars, AC/DC

Best:

Iron Maiden, The Walking Dead, Medievel Madness, Monster Bash

So I disagree, I think there are BAD games, ones that I am playing and thinking, man I just don't like this game

i think you can enjoy any pinball machine. especially if you have brought it back to life from non working condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom