What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Time to be a Pinball Buyer

I'll give it a go, as I will anything, I didn't like TAF at all, it's gone up in my estimations, but IMHO it isn't worth what it fetches, same for AFM - I enjoy that but would MUCH rather a MM.

It is of course horses for courses, but a Top WHATEVER does bench out more enjoyable games than others, so there is something to be said for that. That is why there is generally this concept in my mind of

Bad:

Dialed In, Twilight Zone, Roadshow

Good:

World Poker Tour, Judge Dredd,

Better:

Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters, Attack From Mars, AC/DC

Best:

Iron Maiden, The Walking Dead, Medievel Madness, Monster Bash

So I disagree, I think there are BAD games, ones that I am playing and thinking, man I just don't like this game
@James - Nooooooo! Roadshow and TZ are ace, prefer them over JD and WPT. MB not so sure. DI is growing on me.

I do think it's great that we all have different opinions though!

@MartinY - never loved either Roadshow or TZ - weird huh!

I have a thing for MM and GB right now... although hit a monster score on SS the other night, so my main vehicle to get to them won't be going anywhere for a while.

I can only really keep 3 at any one point with a project in the garage.

@MartinY - never loved either Roadshow or TZ - weird huh!

I have a thing for MM and GB right now... although hit a monster score on SS the other night, so my main vehicle to get to them won't be going anywhere for a while.

I can only really keep 3 at any one point with a project in the garage.

and when there’s a new family member. all thoughts of pinball will disappear........for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the worst to play but when new it cost more than ST TNG but took zero on site and many operators in the UK got burnt . Signalled the end of the pinball early 90s boom. Many ops became hyper cautious and passed on gamea like WC94 and the distributors had to serious start price cutting. Williams bally were on a roll but you could argue Popeye was when the wheels started to come off

Good post Steve. Yeah I heard some operators were forced to take it to even though they new the theme wasn’t going to earn. As you say when the wheels started to come off. I wish they’d checked history as Nintendo’s Popeye game didn’t do well either and the licence was expensive!

Python then leaves and tells capcom to bump flipper football ahead of Big Bang bar . Spot a theme??

:tut:

I think I've given up trying to rationalise anything in pinball. Tables have their fans and detractors, themes, game play, mood, age and relevance - we have a huge menu of games to fill the canvas. I know I'm one of the smaller percentage who likes to fiddle, mod and toy with them as much as playing, but that won't change. Best of all, this is largely a great bunch of nutcases to know.

For the record;

Current favourites; metallica, iron maiden, walking dead
All time favourites: Addams, Twilight, Attack from Mars, LOTR
Favourite era: 91-95 BallyWilliams/Midway
Itch I had to scratch: Collecting top rated from above
Disliked: Dialed In, Hobbit (early code maybe), anything by DataEast/Sega
Future: Another ACDC, maybe Munsters or an Alien

I think I've given up trying to rationalise anything in pinball. Tables have their fans and detractors, themes, game play, mood, age and relevance - we have a huge menu of games to fill the canvas. I know I'm one of the smaller percentage who likes to fiddle, mod and toy with them as much as playing, but that won't change. Best of all, this is largely a great bunch of nutcases to know.

For the record;

Current favourites; metallica, iron maiden, walking dead
All time favourites: Addams, Twilight, Attack from Mars, LOTR
Favourite era: 91-95 BallyWilliams/Midway
Itch I had to scratch: Collecting top rated from above
Disliked: Dialed In, Hobbit (early code maybe), anything by DataEast/Sega
Future: Another ACDC, maybe Munsters or an Alien

Roll on the Future ……… Really like those three !

Back
Top Bottom