What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete WH20 super minty

My WH20 came from pinball heaven. Great work and kind of you to share with the community.

IMG_4867.JPG IMG_4874.JPG IMG_4875.JPG So this playfield is in pretty good condition after a good sand and t cut so it's going to go to chris platt for the works before going in another machine all the metal has gone to the platers and some to get powder coated

IMG_4904.JPG IMG_4905.JPG Ok first job t nuts to put back in this can be a tricky job to do you have to take real care not to crack the clear coat
First thing I do is put a towel on o solid floor you don't want any flex when driving the nuts home
I have made 2 custom drifts so the t nuts fit in perfect I also use a dead weight hammer to reduce the impact
I also kneel on the playfield in the t nut areas again to stop flex 2 good blows and they are home

Gotta love a minty shop log :thumbs: It's inspired me to start stripping my wh2o. Keep the pics coming Chris :)

IMG_4910.JPG Next job to put the wooden side rails on these can be a real pain sometimes as the holes on the repro playfield never line up this causes major problems on further te assembly down the line with anything that mounts to the side rail ball guides and chafing on the side of the cab fortunately I only needed to drill and counter sink one hole

IMG_4911.JPG IMG_4912.JPG Next thing flip over the playfield and put the ball guides in these can be tricky buggers and it's easy to damage the playfield you need to hold it exactly over the hole and a few taps with a small hammer and they are home

IMG_4913.JPG Next thing all the posts and star posts easy I must say that this is one of the best playfields I have r built all the holes seem in the right place and everything fits snug on other playfield I do I have often had to drill out holes

IMG_4916.JPG IMG_4917.JPG IMG_4918.JPG Ok a few more tips on pop bumpers I always solder the crimp up on the bulb holder as these are pretty week and often snap of when fit
Another is test them with a battery before fitting them nothing worse than a pop bumper out that is buried under a ramp after a full re fit

Great tips on the harness, i'd be cacking myself at the jetwashing though

Fantastic detail you're going into on this Chris. Really appreciated. Almost makes me want to start another tear-down.

Almost

Back
Top Bottom