What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete WH20 super minty

chris b

Registered
IMG_4834.JPG IMG_4835.JPG ok so this wh20 has been in most of my pics for about a year now so think it's about time I got round to doing it I have been gathering parts for around the last year inc new playfield ramps cab art everything to make it a super minty no expense spared so here we go

Reactions: ski
Works well as a laptop stand too. :)

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this - good luck with it.

Have a word with Barry and SKI on here for the little (invisible) mod that cures a common backspin issue :)

I've a lovely WH20

Afaik the bulbs in the topper not available as leds.
The major difference between the lamps in the WH20 topper and most pinball lighting is that they run on 12v instead of 6v. Comet offer a range of 12v LEDs that work just fine in the topper as I've done it to my own. The colour of the light is a lot nicer, especially if you have LED'd the rest of the machine. The waterfall effect still seems to work too work quite well too imo although the effect may be a little less pronounced. Certainly worth giving it a go though as I still think it looks better than with incandescents.

http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1841.htm

Ok so that's cab and backbox stripped everything sorted out to go to platers powder coaters and chrome
Time for a spot of lunch before playfield stripped this afternoon IMG_4846.JPGIMG_4847.JPGIMG_4848.JPG

I bought a reproduction topper ages ago (well before I got the machine) in preparation for buying the machine with the topper missing.

Just the white backboard with sticker not the dome or lamp board etc..

But the machine I bought ended up having a topper so is just gathering dust if needed.

It won't give you the water fall effect but it will look ok as a topper in the worst case you don't have one.

Looking good Chris.
I don't know how you manage to get anything done with the amount of photos you take. When I'm deep into working on a machine with lots to do, I always forget to take pictures. I'd be useless in a shop log. By the time I'm done with it at night, I'm falling asleep with tools in hand.
Whitewater is a game I've never really got into much. I know people rave about it. I could never really see the fascination with it personally. I mean yeah it's alright..

Good shop logs though Chris. Keep it up

IMG_4862.JPG IMG_4864.JPG I like to leave the plastic hoop on the harness as this gives you a better idea where it goes when re building the playfield let's hope it's good weather next week for a good jet wash session

Chris, I'm on the look out for a nicer ramp than my existing one. It's the wide entrance one which lead from the upper playfield to the right inlane.

Hi, Chris,

There's a faint possibility that this may be a game (or playfield from one) that I unpacked when new. It's really only a suspicion, but I notice in the playfield pictures that the bumper and slingshot coils were/are each positioned away from the coil stop on their bracket. That was something I always did, especially after catching the terminals of a coil on the cabinet while sliding out the playfield of a High Speed II.

Re. the damage to the line filter box; that may have occurred at a later date, when some hoon wanted to remove the u.k. socket and mains lead which we added to each game. The square black plastic 'blank' is missing from the box too, which was where the extra lead emerged (AIR, I'd open out a small inner section of it)

Other points with games I'd prepared were insulation tape on some of the coil brackets, such as knocker or outlane kickback, and a total lack of coin meter (and its wiring)

Back
Top Bottom