What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WH20 stuck ball on "gully" on ramp behind VUK top right corner.

Spadge

Registered
Any ideas on this, I know it's an old problem.

I've just fitted new ramps and despite having the cliffy style metal plate that is supposed to level it out or improve it. I still get stuck balls when it goes beyond at a certain speed. I'm going in there again later to try and sort it, but just wondered if anyone had tried anything and been successful.

My upper playfield and ramp are super close, there's no gap. I've read that ensuring the plastic ramp is higher is a good thing so I may try that next.

(This is nothing to do with back-spin from the VUK) :)

Reactions: ski
Thanks, I have one of his little flaps that goes on the VUK, my problem is from when the ball is plunged in and rolls slowly up the back ramp and then back onto the playfield, at the right (WRONG!) speed it can become stuck. I've tried different spring strengths on the plunger - was hoping to find one that is just enough to get it up and into the game without going past the VUK.

Been thinking about it, maybe a one way gate would work? Allowing the ball to travel left to right, but not right to left, causing it to bounce back to the skill shot flipper. Super rare it goes right to left anyway and of no value.

I've had this problem for ages.
Seems to only happen when a gust plays it!!!!!So annoying,
But after spending about an hour looking at it I have a solution half figured out.
The trick is to keep the ball off the wall of the ramp and dont worry about the floor of the ramp.
here is a quick drawing of what is needed.
I made it out of duck tape last time i hosted the league. didnt get one hang up until the duct tape melted off (6+ hours of solid play).

Wh20 ramp.jpg

Im going to use Sugru to make it propper when I have time as the VUC has to come out .

https://sugru.com/buy?gclid=CjwKEAj...SPDdLGy9Rn_yGIj5HfVOFDljxhK__qBoCYBnw_wcB#all

I've tried different spring strengths on the plunger - was hoping to find one that is just enough to get it up and into the game without going past the VUK.

The weakest plunger spring that I know of was used on Roadshow, with Twilight Zone not much stronger. I don't properly recall the Williams colour-coding on these two springs, they're White and Brown, but IDR which is which. The next rating upwards was Green.

The ramp i have sits slightly lower onto the mini pf which can cause this problem, levelling them can drastically reduce hang-ups pal

Martin if it's a new repro ramp that you have fit there is a slight lip on the end you need to file this flush I had the same issue on my super mint one I did also you need to countersink the ramp holes where the small screws fasten it down

Back
Top Bottom