What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WH20 Opto’s 65&66

Drew.m

Site Supporter
Alias
Drew
Hi all I am currently in the final stages of a WH20 project and have a problem with the opto’s I have swapped the cpu pcb to eliminate that and replaced both opto’s. I am going to test the voltages when I am home but if anyone has any good advice that would be great

Drew

I’ll stand corrected but is there an opto board mounted under the pf? Or is that what you refer to. If so could be a faulty Lm339 chip (or something like that!!)

I’ll stand corrected but is there an opto board mounted under the pf? Or is that what you refer to. If so could be a faulty Lm339 chip (or something like that!!)
Yes you are correct I have changed both just in case 56420F1E-9257-495B-A7C6-D06A92328F48.jpeg

Still no dice? Some of those resistors look a bit grotty
yes they are pretty horrid, i have measured them and they are ok but i will swap them out anyway. The only thing i can think of is the previous owner accidentally wired it incorrectly when starting the project. i uncovered another nightmare when removing my security pcb from my getaway to test WH20, check this out !!!

49351A71-4D38-4876-8E61-8CEFE56C1E94.jpeg

Are you sure you installed the new optos with the correct polarity? Both the transmitters and receivers have to be installed the right way round.

Back
Top Bottom