What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welsh Pinball Weekend 2017

Will you be attending?

• Yes - one day

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes - both days

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Supply a Pinball?

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Not attending

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinballDaze

Site Supporter
Alias
Pinball Dave
Hi all,

Two day event planned for April 29th and 30th at Cwmbran in South Wales.

Return of the Welsh Classic and the Welsh Pinball Cup.

This will be a gaming weekend for all.

Loads of details to follow, just bagging the Bank Holiday weekend slot.

Dave, Lynda & Alex.

Last edited:
Great stuff. Slightly panicked that it clashed with 8bitflip, but it doesn't!
I'll add that to the events list...

Last edited:
Nice1 The Welsh Pinball Cup is back!
Clash with Dutch Pinball Masters that weekend I think?

There will also with luck be the Welsh Wigan Classic at some point next year

Nice1 The Welsh Pinball Cup is back!
Clash with Dutch Pinball Masters that weekend I think?
It wasn't on Pinball News so booked that weekend. Checking their website and you're correct!
I have to fit in with my helpers availability so the date won't be changing.
Thanks for the update.
Dave

See small print.

"Anyone bringing one machine - free weekend entry.
If able to bring more.... #@$# sorry can't read the rest"

Anyway, we've eaten all the sheep....

Are there accommodation options close by (non-bending over variety)?

Loads of hotels in the area and newport is only about 8 miles with ibis to the Celtic manor so for all budgets .
Easy transport links . Anyone staying in Newport - the bus is every 30 mins and £4 gives you a day pass , so B and B to port to brAn and back . Cheaper than driving !
You can also get the train and approx taxi price is £16 so if anyone needs reviews , just ask

Ed has been nominated to organise accomodation enquiries. There's an Ibis budget at J26 M4 which is very cheap (less than £30) plus plenty more in Newport.

Okay people, been ill and still not 100% but deposit has been paid and this event is going ahead. I will apply for IFPA points when I've organised a scoring system set up.
Target is 25 Pinballs plus other gaming cabs/consoles etc. My son Alex is sorting this bit out but will keep me informed.
Kevlar has pledged some top modern pinballs and I will have a plethora of the unusual ones ☺
Saturday night entertainment is also in the planning stage with the famous Eddie Mole headlining.
PM me if you can help in any way.
Any profits from this event will be going to Cancer Research.
Dave & Lynda.

Last edited:
Please contact me if you able to bring a Pinball or an Arcade machine. Free entry both days plus guaranteed entry for both comps too. Also free entry for both comps.
Places in comps will be capped to 48 each day.
Dave

Last edited:
Update for Competition.

I am ready to accept entries for Saturday and Sunday. Each day will be £12.50.
No paypal payment yet until March 1st. Just need names for now.
The list will be added to until we have 48, then will list reserves. Please pm me.
As this is a public show, there will be a general admission fee to pay on the door. £7 adults and £5 for under 16's.
Contact me if you bring a machine. Free weekend pass for each pinball brought.
Also, if you can help with set up on Saturday morning, then free general admission for that day.
We will need a minimum of another 8 pinballs, but can accomodate more at the venue.
WPPR points will be awarded for both competitions. Just need to update Martin with final details.
This new venue has two well stocked bars at good prices (will update tomorrow). The owner will be providing hot food (cost and choice to follow). Please buy from the venue, as we may be asked to do it again, if a success all round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom