What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to all...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

Well finally it’s time to open the doors. To be honest this has been around 4 years in the making, moving hosts, changing software etc to try to get things right, since I realise it’s quite a large thing to do.

Luckily it’s not something I’m unfamiliar with. For 6 years I co-owned and ran what was at the time the UK’s Biggest entertainment forum. In that time it went from 3 members to around 40,000 members, with NO advertising – all by word of mouth, and links exchanges between sites. It was only me going through a crappy period in my personal life that the whole thing ended for me, and it was passed onto others that had more time to give to the site.

So, after all this time another forum is born.

The purpose of this forum, to my mind, initially, is to be a central resource for all things pinball. Something, as was mentioned earlier today, along the lines of Pinformer, however primarily UK based.

The forum currently has the following functionality:

Standard forum posting type stuff inc inline images/attachments

Events Manager with RSVP (useful for league meets)

Member Map

Full Trader feedback system a la ebay (for the buying/selling/trading forum)

Rec.Games.Pinball feed (currently updated once a week) – all fully searchable

Wiki functionality

To follow :

Proper thread prefixes in the Buying/selling/trading forum to make each post clearer

Automated download of RGP, inc Cross posting

Automated cross posting of Uk Pinball, enabling full integration across the media

Gallery

Downloads Archive

Facebook/Twitter/You Tube integration (in a couple of days once I set it up!)…

And very probably more based upon people’s suggestions!

There is one thing I would like to say about the forum though. It’s YOUR forum. Without posts and users then a forum is nothing. Also it is New. Meaning I am relying on you guys to let me know if there are any issues i.e. Slow performance, inability to access certain parts of the site – just let me know in the Site Suggestions/issues forum and I’ll see what we can do to get them sorted – I’m sure there WILL be problems that come to light over the initial few days of the site!

Also – an open invitation. As we all know, this group has been in existence for many years now, and it’s many thanks to all the members here, but above all Martin and Tim for building it to what it is today. And I would like them to, if they choose to, be a part of it’s partner/future too. I would like to openly invite Martin and Tim to be administrators on the forum. This way they get a say in where it goes, and what happens, and hopefully it doesn’t feel like I’m trying to muscle in on something that they have created. You guys can take a large or as little a part as you want – at the end of the day ultimately without you running what we have at present, UK Pinball wouldn’t exist at all.

So – Please feel free to come along and Register (and ‘reserve’ your username!).

Http://www.pinballinfo.com

Many thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom