What's new

Warning - Hotmail Users

DRD

Registered
All.

Hotmail has recently changed its Ts and Cs. You are limited to 15 gig on emails. All logical. Easy to understand and address

The killer though. You are now limited to 5 gig in aggregate of one drive cloud storage AND e-mail attachments.

It is extremely easy to exceed the latter target. Your email is then summarily shut down until you have a mass clear-out or you sign up to a premium subscription. Suffice to say I was unable to sign up to this subscription on either my phone or laptop as the sites crashed, so I got a load of texts from people telling me that their emails to me had been bounced.

Microsoft has been rolling this out since February. My one-man-band IT guy had never seen it before. Two other folk I know have been similarly affected by it.

I use my personal OneDrive pretty much daily through a browser and pretty sure there has been a notice about this for a while along with several pop up attempts to get me to subscribe for more storage space, and I think I've also seen it in the Android app as well, but that could be easily missed by just clicking no thanks without reading.

I think Google are/have also taken this same approach recently as well with combining the storage use between Google drive and Gmail or possibly with photo storage.

Back
Top Bottom