What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Wanted Virtual Pinball Table

Chrish10

Registered
Hi looking for a virtual pinball setup. Not wanting a mini but something bigger.
Have around £1000 to spend so please let me know if anything available. Thanks Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@PickHolder has them come and go a bit at the moment, but I think you might struggle to get much full-size that's got the grunt to run the new stuff on that budget...

You could probably build one to that budget though....

Reckon the PC hardware could be done on £250-£300 (Socket 1366 i7/8Gb/GTX760/SSD) and the screens for £300 (42, 27, and Chinese DMD sized screen), all second hand of course - new you'd be looking at double that
Leaving you £400 is for a empty cab, and the rest of the bits and pieces you need. (speakers, amp, interface boards, legs and all that stuff)

You'd be in VPX 1080p territory, not 4K or anything and no DOF, but that could be added later....

I've built a couple of VPins from scratch and am vaguely gathering bits for a new one now, feel free to ask away if you do go that route :)

@ChrisH Thank you that’s great information there. I might look into building my own but would need to source a cab as my woodworking skills are zero ! I will in the meantime look at adding to my funds in case the perfect machine surfaces.
Thanks again mate

Thanks that’s about the sort of prices I’ve been seeing. Seen a few but unfortunately didn’t have the funds at the time.

To give you an idea on price I paid £1400 for a 'Safecracker' size cab, 32" screen http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...ly-upgraded-£1400-or-trade.38486/#post-236621. Not for sale.

This one sold for 1k recently http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...ut-upgraded-£1k-px-offered.40197/#post-262949

To be fair @Marvello - yes you did pay that for the table off me. HOWEVER - since then the prices have gone up across the board. A particularly nice one sold for £4,000 a month ago that was made by another member, and I just sold a full size cab for just under £2,500. So yours was a particular bargain, and I sold it for the bare bones price of what the parts cost me as I wanted to fund another table. In the future a build like this would be getting on for £2K as I particularly like the 'Ultrapin' cabs. I know of 4 more in the UK and the owners are not willing to let the cabs go for silly money so I can not see me doing another.

Having considered building these machines on a commercial basis - you have to consider that a decently made cab with all the hardware, legs, coin door, decals etc will cost you approx £1K. Then you need to add screens, and spend approx £700-1200 on a PC. Let alone the other electronic parts. Add another £200-300 if you want forced feedback. Speakers and amps - add another £100. Plus commercially I would want to make some money.

A lot of work is involved with building one of these. Especially if you built the cab from scratch.

As @ChrisH states - you can save money using used products. In fact I would recommend:
i3 or i5 or 3.6GHZ (3rd generation or above)
GTX1050TI graphic card (up to 1080, it wont do 4K)
8GB minimum ram.
Use a motherboard that is DDR4 if possible, DDR3 will work fine but allow a bit for future proof.

Visual pinball is more GPU than CPU. I have had it all working on a 3GHZ i3 but with a real good graphic card.

A GTX of lower spec will work but not at full settings.

@Chrish10 - this is more of a REAL pinball forum, I am sure I get people tutting everytime I mention visual pinballs - but go onto facebook or the www as plenty of groups exist to help out (as I will also help you out). If you want some more info feel free to PM me.

Thank You @Pick Holder and everyone who has replied. I appreciate all this information you guys have given me [emoji106]

Still on the lookout for a cab. Typically saw several a few weeks ago when I didn’t have funds but now nothing. If anyone could advise any other sources it would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom