What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Dead

I thought you locked in weapons and then collect the multikills I got 4 as my max :) but starting to break through 100M consistently now so I'm happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you locked in weapons and then collect the multikills I got 4 as my max :) but starting to break through 100M consistently now so I'm happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. Once you have lit a weapon you don't need to shoot multikill to collect it. Once it is lit that is it done for that particular weapon.
The multikill is like a bonus shot that is a percentage of what mode scores you have achieved. You can get some SERIOUS scores from a Multikill shot when used with an X multiplier.

The weapon inserts are collected from multikills, not to be confused with "weapons" insert on the stand up targets.

See the list in the rulesheet to see what qualifies a multikill.

For instance if you do 10 combos you will light a multikill weapon insert.

Or during walker multiball, collect 3 jackpots and that will light a multikill.

So the weapon is collected when the mode ends then?
No. As soon as you hit the required number of shots. So for instance start Barn. Shoot three shots round the Barn loop and you will immediately be awarded a weapon AND Multikill will also light. You don't have to hit the Multikill shot in order to keep the weapon.

I found this on pinside.
content://com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/readinglist/0419072729.mhtml
If you stick a slingshot rubber around the posts where the balls runs out from the tunnel shot, it appears to really help stop those drains. It is quite irritating. I can lose a couple balls a game from it. Will save me really cranking the ball save time to maximum.
I also have a problem with the prison magnet. 2/3 times it will just shoot the ball down the middle. Not even a nudge can save it

I also have a problem with the prison magnet. 2/3 times it will just shoot the ball down the middle. Not even a nudge can save it

You're not the first to report this problem.

What I don't understand is my TWD (Pro) hardly ever does this. It's so rare I wouldn't even guess how often it happens. Usually the ball fires from the magnet onto a sling shot. Sometimes it fires back into the prison and gives me a free zombie kill.

Why would some machines do it and not others? Is it that the magnet itself has some sort of alignment?

You''re not the first to report this problem.

What I don't understand is my TWD (Pro) hardly ever does this. It's so rare I wouldn't even guess how often it happens. Usually the ball fires from the magnet onto a sling shot. Sometimes it fires back into the prison and gives me a free zombie kill.

Why would some machines do it and not others? Is it that the magnet itself has some sort of alignment?

TWD did this to me several times whilst playing at TILT. Quite a serious design flaw - interesting that other machines don't have this issue. Must be a set up issue then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to have the magnet in bits to have a look at it. I'd of thought it would be like the iron man magnet and should throw the ball about abit. Not just either release or force the ball down between the flippers

Anyone got to last man standing or siege yet?
Have got to, and completed, LMS 3 or 4 times. It's reliant on having a good multiball really to get the walkers. Once I've got to LMS I complete it more times than not, you just need to take your time, there's and add a ball every 10 kills to help you along.

Siege - I've only got to once or twice, so hard to get 12 jackpots in prison multiball to qualify it.

Terminus - got there a few times, but as it runs at the same time as multiballs no idea what was going on.

Horde - plenty of times :)

I tend not to play the way the tutorials advise, or I've seen other people play. I focus on combos mainly. CDC to Barn or Riot, and Arena to Tunnel (more usually hitting the well walker). This helps in getting the number of kills up quickly, as well as lighting weapons: Combos (10 required), Bicycle girl (5 walkers, then 4 CDC shots) and 2 Woodbury skill shots (4 Arena shots will light 2 skill shots to award a kill). I only shoot for the drops either if there is only one left standing, or if I want to lock in the 3rd supply to get bloodbath ready - they're just too dangerous as the ball is out of control straight away. Likewise with the Prison. I'll take a couple of shots at it during the ball save period to activate it, then just go back to focussing on combos which picks off some of the qualifying shots. I tend to get well walker multiball from missed shots to the tunnel

When I do qualify a mode, I usually take Arena first, then Barn, nice easy safe shots. I'll take Riot if a multiball is near. This has the benefit that when CDC or Tunnel is started later each of the shots related to modes already played adds to the base value of that mode. I also focus on getting the weapon to progress towards Horde, generally not too difficult to do.

X Multiplier. I use this predominately on XBow shots (on the Pro) as this can give some huge scores (352mil being my highest for a single shot) It's generally too hard to try and keep track of it during multiball, so I try not to use it rather than trying to set up a multiplied jackpot shot. It's also worth noting that it can be carried into (although not added to as walker kills are diasabled) Horde, I try and use the multiplier on the last shot to clear a wave - again generating some huge scores.

I was going to have the magnet in bits to have a look at it. I'd of thought it would be like the iron man magnet and should throw the ball about abit. Not just either release or force the ball down between the flippers

I'm not about to dismantle my working magnet to find out why it works, but I've had a look at it and it looks to me that the way it's clamped onto the playfield allows for a little rotation. It's difficult to tell but it seemed to me the windings on my magnet aren't perfectly square with the playfield:

IMG_20170419_112341.jpg

Maybe rotating a 'problem' magnet just a little would fix it.

As mentioned multikill values can become huge if you have a couple of big modes but they reset after playing horde so sometimes it's worth not starting horde as soon as it comes available but piling on the points with multiplier multikill shots or starting another multiball to pick off as many as possible

Lyman was aware of the Prison magnet drain so he added code that allows you to pulse the magnet just before the ball is released. Press the flippers when the magnet is about to let go of the ball and it will throw the ball sideways

Brilliant! Thank you - That explains everything. I *always* press the flippers to release the ball from the magnet, that's why I almost never have a problem with a SDTM.

Lyman was aware of the Prison magnet drain so he added code that allows you to pulse the magnet just before the ball is released. Press the flippers when the magnet is about to let go of the ball and it will throw the ball sideways
Mine throws the ball directly down when you pulse the magnet

My LE dropped the ball down the middle regularly but pressing both flipper buttons maybe a second after the magnet grabbed the ball made it throw it around rather than just letting go. This avoided most of the SDTM drains.

My LE dropped the ball down the middle regularly but pressing both flipper buttons maybe a second after the magnet grabbed the ball made it throw it around rather than just letting go. This avoided most of the SDTM drains.
Yeah. Just tried it again. It either throws the ball up (sometimes not enough to hit prison walker) Or straight down between flippers. I'll adjust this when I get chance.

I'd love the guvnors fish tank topper but HELL it's alot of money for it. Shouldn't be too hard to make one yourself for £20

ok, just had the mother of all games! Got barn, cdc, bloodbath, riot, bike girl, well walker mb. Sitting on all the weapons bar one and drain. I've beaten my highest score by a mile so I'm already super happy, but just got to get this last weapon.

IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3036.JPG
Get prison multi ball! get a few jackpots, get the last weapon, catch the ball and the light is flashing for horde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking, I"M GOING TO **** THIS UP. post the ball, and bang first time flip it in woodbury and JUMP LIKE A SPACEMAN ON THE MOON!

Played horde for a bit but eventually drained! But so so happy with my score and the game!

Dont think there is such a game that gives you a such a strong feeling of achievement as this!

Cheers,
Neil.

Reactions: ski
Only got Horde a few times. Never been near LMS.

Downloaded the new pinball browser version. Had to laugh over the Negan quotes but the music is a bit too full on

ok, just had the mother of all games! Got barn, cdc, bloodbath, riot, bike girl, well walker mb. Sitting on all the weapons bar one and drain. I've beaten my highest score by a mile so I'm already super happy, but just got to get this last weapon.

View attachment 44573
View attachment 44574
Get prison multi ball! get a few jackpots, get the last weapon, catch the ball and the light is flashing for horde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking, I"M GOING TO **** THIS UP. post the ball, and bang first time flip it in woodbury and JUMP LIKE A SPACEMAN ON THE MOON!

Played horde for a bit but eventually drained! But so so happy with my score and the game!

Dont think there is such a game that gives you a such a strong feeling of achievement as this!

Cheers,
Neil.
Your backboxes are almost touching! TWD gets thrown about so much I've given it about 5" either side. It's next to IM too.

Back
Top Bottom