What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Dead

I recently played a TWD Pro a lot during a work trip to the the US. After several sessions where I played an hour or so each time, I noticed my second or third game was amazing and after that they got progressively worse to the point where they were just dire. It was almost like the flippers got weaker and weaker the longer I played. Not sure what was causing this as the game was well looked after.

I recently played a TWD Pro a lot during a work trip to the the US. After several sessions where I played an hour or so each time, I noticed my second or third game was amazing and after that they got progressively worse to the point where they were just dire. It was almost like the flippers got weaker and weaker the longer I played. Not sure what was causing this as the game was well looked after.
Settled. I'm rebuilding them. Phil is on holiday at moment. Does pinball mania stock stern rebuild kits?

**** this game! Why is it so damn difficult!? Can hardly make a ramp. Almost as if the flippers aren't powerful enough. Maybe I need a rebuild? Sick of making it half way up those steep ass ramps and then draining. Pop bumper drains are a pain too.

Try lowering the back legs by 1cm?

I predict even with a brand new machine or flippers it will still be as hard :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not had any issues with my LE's flippers. Comparing my ball times my hardest 3 Sterns are Tron, IM, TWD in that order.

Think that maybe having prison/walker bombs softens the pain a bit though on the Premium/LE.

Not had any issues with my LE's flippers. Comparing my ball times my hardest 3 Sterns are Tron, IM, TWD in that order.

Think that maybe having prison/walker bombs softens the pain a bit though on the Premium/LE.
Im doesn't seem that difficult to me. Yeah it's hard to light all the modes in one ball, but even my gf did that. The ramps and shots are fairly easy though and the inlanes are wide enough not to loose a ball in the outlanes after every shot

Stern rebuild kits are expensive I believe, how about just changing coil sleeve and cleaning up any mushrooming? gotta be worth a try.

Stern rebuild kits are expensive I believe, how about just changing coil sleeve and cleaning up any mushrooming? gotta be worth a try.
I've had the flippers completely in bits and cleaned them up, rebuilt them with the old parts.
Could it be an alignment problem? I've lined them up with the lane guide. Used a block pressed firmly against it and nipped up the nut with flipper pushed up against block. Any higher and it made the shooter lane shot near impossible

Mine were aligned with the inlane guides ( I hate droopy flippers ), didn't affect the power. Have you gapped the flipper to the playfield bushing? ( 0.7mm the recommended gap I believe but as long as there is SOME vertical lift it should be fine ).

Mine were aligned with the inlane guides ( I hate droopy flippers ), didn't affect the power. Have you gapped the flipper to the playfield bushing? ( 0.7mm the recommended gap I believe but as long as there is SOME vertical lift it should be fine ).
I will check this. I'd if thought I would have. Maybe I missed this

Had no problems getting up ramps on my TWD LE, I find the game tough, but like that. It would appear that pressing both flipper buttons when it's under magnet lock releases the ball in a random direction. (Thanks to pinsinthewild)

Not sure what's wrong here. The flippers on my Pro are easily strong enough to push balls up the ramps - it doesn't have to be a super clean shot. It doesn't matter how many games you've played either.

There's a coil power adjustment isn't there? I can't check, I'm away on holiday.

Not sure what's wrong here. The flippers on my Pro are easily strong enough to push balls up the ramps - it doesn't have to be a super clean shot. It doesn't matter how many games you've played either.

There's a coil power adjustment isn't there? I can't check, I'm away on holiday.
Mine is the same. I can backhand the left ramp from the left flipper.
Regarding cheap drains, well this is one game that DEMANDS nudging. If you aren't moving it about it is going to drain and fast.

I've got some people coming over next weekend, so i bought some of the outlane extenders to try and prevent them walking away from TWD really quickly, and hopefully make the game less frustrating for me generally. I found i enjoyed IM more, just because it seemed fairer with less 'magnetic' outlanes. TWD really can get frustrating to the point of non-enjoyment at times. I like tough games, but only if they remain enjoyable.

Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/...ds/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

Also note, I'd happily have a Pro over the PREM/LE if i could replicate that awesome red light show. Sadly, the Total Lightshow mod isn't released for TWD yet due to no real demand (creator's words!), which i find hard to believe.

I also hate the SAM serial lighting system on the recent pre-Spike Premiums & LEs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ski
Sounds like people are just bricking it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anyone got one of the stern toppers for this? Looks great. Only it's the best part of 500 pounds. Doesn't really seem worth it. Bloody stern!

Screenshot_20170904-124639.png
Screenshot_20170904-124644.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-124639.png
    Screenshot_20170904-124639.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It's actually alot smaller that. Would be great for upgrading the pro head at the back of the right ramp to give it a premium sort of feel.
it's just getting the thing ovee from the states though

I did think that, other option might be to create one using some zombie masks and polestyrene heads.
Or you could buy a replica lucille bat off ebay for less than £50 as an alternative to the fish tank

Back
Top Bottom