What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking Dead Crossbow

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
I've had a few issues with my Walking Dead crossbow since buying it new and have even had the motor replaced. After it started playing up again e.g. returning to the home position before having a chance to fire it, I noticed that the firing pin didn't always return back to its starting position. When a ball lands in the Crossbow and doesn't push the pin back, it seems to be enough to upset the weight distribution of the arm meaning the motor doesn't have enough power to keep it moving out, causing it to return (just my theory) and it also results in a very weak shot as the pin is only moving a short distance. I've put a dab of 3 in 1 oil along the pin and now it mostly returns, especially when the ball seats in position. This has more or less cured my problem. I get the odd issue with it but nothing like the frequency it was happening before.

Might be worth a try if you are having the same issue.

20160408_213426.jpg

Last edited:
I've only had a problem with the crossbow a couple of times. The ball pretty much rolled out rather than being fired. However, a couple of games later the lights all started strobing.

I assumed these issues were related. Did Phil send you the stern loom kit? This sorted everything out for me

The strobing issue has come up on a bunch of machines. I think it's due to a poor cable being used at stern. Phil sorted me out. I know at least one other UK machine has had the same issue. I assumed Phil had been sent kits for all the machines he sold. Reading the instructions included it looks like Mustang also had the same problem

Isn't this exactly the same mech used in Austin Powers? Or are there differences? You would think they would have any design issues sorted if it is the same as the one they fitted in 2001.

they only sent me looms for the machines with reported issues rather than one for each one I sold (nobs)

Back
Top Bottom