What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visit to Rotterdam Pinball Museum - The return! March 23rd & 24th 2024

Not wanting to be a negative Nancy but I was surprised by the cost of rail fares, €43 for a day return to Amsterdam from Rotterdam isn't cheap when comparing to similar Journeys from where I am.

Wouldn't deter me from going again though.

Everything felt expensive. The food, the train fares… self-catering accommodation was so expensive we couldn’t have sited in Amsterdam even if we’d wanted to (£3k+ for a week for a multi-generational family of five) 😳

Everything felt expensive. The food, the train fares… self-catering accommodation was so expensive we couldn’t have sited in Amsterdam even if we’d wanted to (£3k+ for a week for a multi-generational family of five) 😳

No chance of going Dutch?

We found a nice AirBnB for £200 (4 nights), it was small but suited a couple and location was 5 stars.

We found a nice AirBnB for £200 (4 nights), it was small but suited a couple and location was 5 stars.
We needed four bedrooms self-catering in a central location for two kids (who can't share), my mum (who needed her own room), and @MadMonzer and I. Very specific requirements, but we didn't have a problem finding accommodation for the same group in Whitby last summer.

The trip was expensive and the pin buying spree it created was more expensive
I only/mostly played pins I’d never seen before and, as good pins are largely (although not always) more popular than bad ones, I ended up playing some right stinkers. So, no temptations there.

I only/mostly played pins I’d never seen before and, as good pins are largely (although not always) more popular than bad ones, I ended up playing some right stinkers. So, no temptations there.
Probably a bit late, but did you get to play any of the woodrails? If you showed a real interest, and it was quiet, he'd get quite enthusiastic for you to play.

Probably a bit late, but did you get to play any of the woodrails? If you showed a real interest, and it was quiet, he'd get quite enthusiastic for you to play.
I wanted to, but the pins all said they weren’t for playing on the instructions, he mentioned you couldn’t play them when we walked in, and it was pretty busy :( We were walking around chatting to each other about the wood rails for quite a while before we went upstairs and, sadly, he didn’t offer to let us play one.

I did ask to play Hyperball upstairs, which was pretty fun, but needed a staff member to activate for literally every game.

There was an EM upstairs (3 Coins) that needed enthusiastic nudging to be remotely skill-based… and tilted as soon as I tried 😡

Back
Top Bottom