What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vid cab prices

JT.

Site Supporter
So I was wondering...with a pin you are pretty much guaranteed getting what you paid for it when you come to sell it. Looking at the Defender For Sale ad at the moment, I saw a comment that it had come down in price recently. I was wondering, are vid cab prices normally pretty stable, or is it common for prices to fluctuate a lot?

Hi

I just sold the Defender through ebay for £875, a bit more than asked for here so shows vid cab prices are pretty stable esp for the real classics.

Still with price range of ~£100~£2k with all bar about a few titles <£1k (excluding real rare ones) bit less than average pin prices.

Cheers
Greg

I thought that arcade video titles had fallen a lot. Well looks like the classic titles are holding there own.

Hi

I just sold the Defender through ebay for £875, a bit more than asked for here so shows vid cab prices are pretty stable esp for the real classics.

Still with price range of ~£100~£2k with all bar about a few titles <£1k (excluding real rare ones) bit less than average pin prices.

Cheers
Greg
Looks like after listing and final sale fees then it will be a bit less than asked on here.
Good old eBay, robbin sods.

I've been collecting vids since 1998/1999,

Back then they were scarce (no uk ebay) and so prices could be quite high on the popular titles.

As videogame collecting became more popular and we had a few auction sites take off (uk ebay, ukauctions, QXL etc) more and more videogame stuff started to flood the market. Also Germany was super cheap back then and shipping from the US was also very cheap so many people (myself included) started importing alot. Prices of course went down as things became abundant.

As we got towards 2008 prices took a very steep tumble as thanks to labours recession, no one had money to waste on videogames when no one had jobs

From 2010 onwards prices have been creeping back up and now 2014 things are looking to be in real demand again

Same here skweek.

Space is really limited right now so i'm getting neither a new Pin or an Arcade Cab until we get moved to somewhere that I have a dedicated room for all my stuff.

Back
Top Bottom