What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA v UK Locations

Spadge

Registered
So I was following a bunch of pin buyer conversations about the lack of pins around them in certain US states. You can imagine that around Chicago, NY, LA and other prime cities, there''s no shortage of either new or classic pins to get. It's kind of like the hubs of big cities/conurbations here. But on what a tiny scale.

Imagine if poor Martin had to run this... and he gets enough well intended sh*t as it is...

us_uk_map.png

The Americans and Canadians have a different sense of distances though. Ask for directions to something 'local' and you can easily end up driving 50 miles.

A friend in Colorado suggested we hop in the car to check out a new brewpub that had opened in the next town ....cool .....over an hour later we got there , had a pint and then drove an hour back :rofl:Mental, he thought nothing of it.

The Americans and Canadians have a different sense of distances though. Ask for directions to something 'local' and you can easily end up driving 50 miles.

A friend in Colorado suggested we hop in the car to check out a new brewpub that had opened in the next town ....cool .....over an hour later we got there , had a pint and then drove an hour back :rofl:Mental, he thought nothing of it.

Yeah doing cross europe beer train in a month, my canadian mate thinks nothing of the 6.5h krakow to prague train...

The same happened to me while I travelled Australia. Wouldn't bat an eyelid driving a day to get somewhere. I even drove 7 straight days across the country.
I bought a microwave last week. The closest store was 15miles away so decided to just get it delivered haha, lazy b@stard

I always thought it would be a nightmare being a collector in Chicago. With so many great arcades, I would imagine it's just the scrapes left on Craigslist

Cost of petrol helps too!

So I was following a bunch of pin buyer conversations about the lack of pins around them in certain US states. You can imagine that around Chicago, NY, LA and other prime cities, there''s no shortage of either new or classic pins to get. It's kind of like the hubs of big cities/conurbations here. But on what a tiny scale.

Imagine if poor Martin had to run this... and he gets enough well intended sh*t as it is...

View attachment 67832

Yeah there are some areas that have great venues and some where there are none. I’m near Monterey at the moment and there is nothing here at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah there are some areas that have great venues and some where there are none. I’m near Monterey at the moment and there is nothing here at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Head round to Santa Cruz - there were def some pins and vintage vids in the boardwalk arcades [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom