What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universally liked/loved games?

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
Was thinking most games have a fair number of detractors. Obviously nothing is 100% universally loved but what game(s) come closest? Modern games wise I'd say TWD, IMDN and MET all get pretty close. Older titles, AFM, MM, maybe one or two others. So yeah, what are the absolute gems with an almost completely positive consensus?

Gotta agree with @Sgt GrizZ here. The wpc 95 black speaker panel games were quite often stripped back, fan layout games.

Pinside chart is a good gauge of this surely? Everyone has a chance to input their ratings. MM comes up top because it has the least amount of negative ratings, despite having a few as there is no game that is loved by everyone.

Tron is a total turd of a game and the theme sucks (almost but not quite as bad as the Goonies. Actually Tron was one of maybe 4 or 5 films I ever got to to see in the cinema as a child and I still knew it was crap)

MM is nowhere near as good as AFM

MB is good for kids but way over rated

Can anyone hate WCS? Or the Flinstones?

Tron does nothing for me whereas ACDC really does a lot...

Don''t like TZ either and TAF is growing on me but still MANY games I would prefer.

MM, TWD, MB, IMDN - universally loved and I love them too.

Tron has always been divisive. It's one of my favourite games but I frequently talk to people that dislike it.

A game like Flintstones as mentioned above may not be hated by anyone but not too many people really love it either imo

See.. this is the joy of pinball.. would be crap if everyone liked the same thing....

AFM - boring dross.... MM is far superior imo :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha!

I have tried to like MM for years but I just don't get the hype.

Whereas AFM, loved it from first ball and still do.

MB - has to be set up hard, so it doesn't get boring. And most people who say it's easy have NEVER completed the elusive 6 stack;)

Tron - used to be a 'hot' game, but scoring on it now seems a bit dated, as no real ways to totally blow up your score.

I hate creech. Nearly as much as TZ. Creech is all about the theme. TZ is just crap.

I'm struggling to like TZ right now. but I've just started playing it.
Found that with a couple of other pins and they do grow interest.

Didnt realise there was a similiar thread going :)

I'm struggling to like TZ right now. but I've just started playing it.
Found that with a couple of other pins and they do grow interest.

Didnt realise there was a similiar thread going :)

have you figured out the rules?

if i’m not getting on with a game. i change the settings. max balls per game 10 oh TZ and change the game settings to make it easier. then i find it is a lot more fun and as i get better playing it i then tighten the rules up again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really getting that much time as i would want so it's slow progress at the moment.
Plus I have some work to do on it.
I'm sure I'm going to change my mind about it.

Don’t get Tron, Walking Dead or Avatar at all

Ac/Dc seems ok but haven’t had a load of games on it

Creech is a classic and was a grail pin for me. Thought TAF was decent until I bought one when it really started to grow on me. I go through phases of loving and then only barely liking whitewater...

What about revenge from mars ? Don't think I've ever seen anything bad said about that one. Funnily enough I like all the band pins at the moment but couldn't imagine enjoying one based on a band I don't care for.

AFM still my favourite really did not get on with STTNG recently got a WH20 and really like it, most people seem to be keen on it hence the price it commands, there does seem to be a correlation between price/appeal

AFM still my favourite really did not get on with STTNG recently got a WH20 and really like it, most people seem to be keen on it hence the price it commands, there does seem to be a correlation between price/appeal
So TAF must be up there surely???

Back
Top Bottom