'Ullo John! Got a new motor?

insx

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Essex
  • insx

insx

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this motor? I'm guessing that it's not serviceable. It's from my JM hand mechanism and when it's hooked up to 12v it just sort of pulses instead of spinning. So far, I've only been able to find the whole motor and gearbox assembly for $199 at Marco, which seems a bit unneccesarry.

JM Motor.jpg

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Jan 19, 2015
Basingstoke
Lot's of motors that *look* like that cheapo on the Bay. The gear cog may be an issue but may pull off.

Are you sure the motor is foobar? Can attach it to a supply and see if it spins up briefly (don't leave it running under no load). It might be gunked up inside, if so could try blowing some air through the vents or a shot of switch cleaner.

OP
OP
insx

insx

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Essex
  • insx

insx

Completely foobar, the whole motor just sort of pulses instead of spinning, it blows the fuse and has blackened wires inside. Someone at work who knows more about motors than me says it's shorting.

OP
OP
insx

insx

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Essex
  • insx

insx

This is further complicated by the fact that the 800 rpm on the label almost certainly refers to the output of the gearbox so I have no idea what the spec of the actual motor is.

Sep 29, 2018
London