What's new

TZ / Twilight Zone - Powerball GI behaviour question

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
I was watching this video in the corner of my screen to keep my mind occupied while writing a report for work and at about 45secs the Powerball comes out...

I noticed that when the voice calls out "i want i back" etc. the GI flashes to the right of the right flipper and above and around the upper right flipper.

Whereas, on my TZ, which has mainly LEDs throughout... ONLY the flasher behind the upper right flipper flashes during this call out.

Do you think it's the LEDs in my machines causing this - not reacting to any voltage dips/drops in this particular circuit? I could try swapping bulbs to see, but i'm not at home for the rest of the week so thought i'd ask about other people first. These LEDs were installed by the previous owner and may be of an older generation or inferior quality... and if it ain't broke etc.

I really like LEDs, but sometimes it may be at the expense of missing nice little design touches like this. I think the Addam's Family's multiball start sequence may also be hampered by LEDs in the GI (as it pulses)...

I realise the incandescent bulb vs. LED debate is an old one, but i like how you don't have to change LEDs hardly ever.

Yours mixed-mindedly,
Paul.

Back
Top Bottom