What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted TZ pin mods

Atlantis

Site Supporter
Alias
Delboy
I finally got my TZ up and running and looking for mods for it now.
Tips on what's good for it or if your sealing any let me know thanks.
A

TZ is arguably one of the most modded pins around. Some of the mods go for eye watering sums of money for no other reason that "just cos". It's also possible to go overboard in my opinion.

What have you got already in terms of mods?

Yeah no mods and need proper height front legs as for some reason there 3 in to low 0_O

Attachments

• on edge quarter.jpg
    on edge quarter.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I finally got my TZ up and running and looking for mods for it now.
Tips on what's good for it or if your sealing any let me know thanks.
A

On my TZ I’ve only added lights
1) piano I’ve put red lights only lit when activated with ramp.
2) slot I’ve lit with green light again only lit when activated.
3) lamp shining at the right back, I felt it’s a dark area but not now.
4) scoop blue lamp.
5) mini playfield I’ve added two red lamps connected via reed switches which flash across left and right of the playfield when flipper buttons are pushed when game play is in the mini playfield.
6) awaiting topper from America.
7) magnet added to the diverter to stop the ball bounce out, everyone puts the magnet in.
8) clock housing now blue.
9) side and back decals.

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple

Besides things like ColorDMD and Invisiglass, some things I can think of (in no particular order):

- Cliffy protectors (some might argue against these for home use, I always fit them - prevention better than cure)
- Diverter magnet as said above
- Coloured plastic balls in gumball machine
- Mirror blades

The rest I guess is to taste.

In your position the first thing I would do is fit LEDs throughout, but that's just me, I'm care less about purity than vastly less power demand on old boards.

I'd say Ingo's LED clock board is worth getting too, if you're thinking of doing anything with the clock (e.g. changing housing), or if it's faulty already.

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple
TZ has like a million mods so that's guaranteed. :)

I'm planning on ordering a led set.just have to work out what's best .
Gumball is empty and needs filling for sure be it coloured or the pachinko ones.
Always liked the robot mod and the clock millions .
What topper are u getting from the US.
What colour dmd works best if I remember right there is 4 to pick from.

I'm planning on ordering a led set.just have to work out what's best .
Gumball is empty and needs filling for sure be it coloured or the pachinko ones.
Always liked the robot mod and the clock millions .
What topper are u getting from the US.
What colour dmd works best if I remember right there is 4 to pick from.

I’m getting the topper from tilt topper it’s not on their website a forum member told me a small amount is being remade, start with all the cheap mods fill the gumball which looks better if you have the cash colour DMD is a must for me it would be like going back to black and white TV.
I have a spare magnet if you want one I bought a few got two left. Smaller than the ones you see online works perfectly.

Alan

Fitted some yellow fluorescent protectors and a set of mirror blades to my TZ at the weekend from Freddie’s pinball http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php. Well chuffed with the result, great service from them as well, all arrived within a couple of days :)

Attachments

• A92C655F-4390-4176-B86C-37EF7EB8C126.jpeg
    A92C655F-4390-4176-B86C-37EF7EB8C126.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 00DE3C2A-E16B-4FCA-AFA3-CFC1B23B2AB9.jpeg
    00DE3C2A-E16B-4FCA-AFA3-CFC1B23B2AB9.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 46
  • D82D3C96-B885-4EA2-97F1-05BA5F9FAF6C.jpeg
    D82D3C96-B885-4EA2-97F1-05BA5F9FAF6C.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 40E51985-C28F-4425-9337-8E804F859980.jpeg
    40E51985-C28F-4425-9337-8E804F859980.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 41
Hi Alan,
Yep, 32 euro’s for the the 4 fluorescent protectors...... they sit underneath the original reflectors. 89 euro’s for the 2 mirror blades and I think postage was around 13 eoro’s, worth every penny imo ? :)

Hi Alan,
Yep, 32 euro’s for the the 4 fluorescent protectors...... they sit underneath the original reflectors. 89 euro’s for the 2 mirror blades and I think postage was around 13 eoro’s, worth every penny imo ? :)
They look great will be adding them to my playfield, Christmas present for theTZ

Did you have any problems fitting the mirror blades? They look cool :)

No problem at all, they’re supplied with 3 or 4 small screws that secure the bottom but I did add a length of thin double sided scotch to run along the top. Pictures don’t really do them justice as they really give the table a premium finished look and look great with the lights down :)

Back
Top Bottom