What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ current price

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
Could someone tell me what a TZ pinball is worth at the moment. Thanks

I'd say 4k for a decent one maybe 4.5k if you are lucky.

Lots of stock about right now. Plenty of fancied titles monster bash, cv etc going unsold. Sellers dropping their ambitious asking prices. AFMs keep hitting the market Prices at the top end of wpc are softening.

See what the 2x Addams go for on eBay. TZ is usually a cheaper game all things equal. TZ probably 500 to 1000 cheaper than an Addams

Thanks @DRD .
It's hard to gauge prices as they differ so much.
I noticed @chris b sold one earlier in the year for just over 2.5K .

The Chris b one was a quick sale. Sold in minutes. When he gets a trade in, sometimes he just wants rid as he has a small workshop. Sold as seen. It was a rough game in need of a lot of work.

In your shoes, I'd wait to see what the Addams go for. Addams prices are like Brent crude, troy ounce of gold. Addams is the most liquid and commonly traded Pinball. TZ has usually gone for 80 percent or so of an Addams.

I can see most people want to keep their TZ.
Is that on the gameplay side , nostalgia content or value.

There's been a sudden surge of pinball machines on Ebay.
Is that the case at this time of the year?

I reckon that folk think the pinball bubble has burst.

Pinball prices have been rising for years, probably since about 2010. They are now falling.

Folk are cashing out

I hope it does drop a touch as I think I just entered the scene at it's peak.

I don't necessarily think too much should be read into TAF prices as relates to other pins value.

TAF is a freak of nature, a non-pinball owners dream machine. It seems to go for strong money regardless of condition and as such there are a sure thing from a restorers perspective, so they're always likely to go for over the odds relative to other pins. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Been after a TZ for a while, just seem to get pipped to the post every time one pops up!

Anyone?? .....Cash waiting!

Oh and you can come round play it when you like, as long as someone is home of course.

Sold a very nice one going on 2 years ago now for 3750 but they've gone up since then. If I still had it would be looking for between 4000 to 4500 for it.

Is that on the gameplay side , nostalgia content or value.

Probably 'all of the above' but it is an excellent game. One of Pat Lawlor's finest. For me it is a great machine to 'train' on and get better at pinball. You need all your pinball skills as this game can be brutal.

Looks like theres a fair bit on the table to complete. Watched a few vids on Youtube.

TZ was Pat Lawlor's "do whatever you want" gift from Bally/Williams after the success of TAF. As a result there is a LOT of stuff on the playfield, which means there is a lot that can go wrong. I live in perpetual fear of my gumball machine deciding to stop working.

And yes there is a lot to do. TZ is one of those games too where the ball could be in play for a long time and when it drains you've only scored ~30 million or something. It's also one of those games where just going for the skill shot could easily result in a left outlane drain you can't do anything about. It is not for the feint of heart in my opinion, and I think people who are new to pinball might find it both intimidating and inscrutable in some respects. It is a "stop start" kind of game, quite unlike TAF.

Having said the above when you start rocking a good score it really feels like an accomplishment.

TZ was Pat Lawlor's "do whatever you want" gift from Bally/Williams after the success of TAF. As a result there is a LOT of stuff on the playfield, which means there is a lot that can go wrong. I live in perpetual fear of my gumball machine deciding to stop working.

I’m currently dismantling my TZ at the moment and there’s going to be lots to clean and fix.

20faac4375c68522b6bae9c508f042b2.jpg

4622382b6b523e052033aaf94c3f1f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m currently dismantling my TZ at the moment and there’s going to be lots to clean and fix.

20faac4375c68522b6bae9c508f042b2.jpg

4622382b6b523e052033aaf94c3f1f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you intend to light the Gumball machine; I highly recommend putting about 50-60 pachinko balls in there while it's out. They look ace! 25-30 each side. Matches the translite well.

IMG_0048.JPG

Looks like theres a fair bit on the table to complete. Watched a few vids on Youtube.

TZ is Lawlors masterpiece. It's unike any other pinball machine - which maybe explains why some people really don't like it. You're either in the zone or you're not.

Years ago I printed out the rules sheet on ipdb. Came to about 60 pages :D

giphy (3).gif

ronsplooter I'd have you down as a rotisserie man - interesting in the HEP thread he don't either but uses windscreen repair stands.

Mainly because I've never got round to making one and I already had the saw horses so just went with those :) For TZ I'll rebuild the top of the playfield with it back in the cab anyway as it's proper heavy when fully populated :-o

TZ is Lawlors masterpiece. It's unike any other pinball machine - which maybe explains why some people really don't like it. You're either in the zone or you're not.

Years ago I printed out the rules sheet on ipdb. Came to about 60 pages :D

View attachment 74801

Looked like they took out pins/rubbers on the bottom end lanes to harden it up.

The holes are still there (on production playfields at least) if you want to soften it up.

There was also a bit of a bodge fix in between the pop bumpers too to try and mitigate the pop bumpers of death. In tournament play it appears people either miss the skill shot on purpose or bump it out of the rocket ship, such is the peril of those pops. I haven't looked at the audits but I'm willing to bet the left outlane gets serious action.. :(

EDIT: I mean the outlane holes, not the ones between the pop bumpers which are plugged on production games.

Last edited:
Sounds like a reasonable price. The house space is now reserved for the table just need to find one. Took long enough making space and convincing the wife!

Just dont tell her.
My fiance was away for a week at her Mum's and came back to three pins in the front room.

I remember getting told by Martin once there was a guy in London (might have been someone here) smuggling pins into his house that somehow his wife hadn't noticed.
He was up to like the 15th machine or something crazy lol, he was storing the majority in a lock up and just a few in his house and rotating them around.

Reactions: DRD
15 Wasnt me. :)
She was Ok on the first.
Then I got another two from Matt Vince when she was away :) she turned up when we were loading then in.....
Then Er got another which is Sam's when she was away again.

Last edited:
My friend jon sneaked in a scarred stiff and his wife only spotted it a year later . It gets to a point where it makes no difference

Back
Top Bottom