What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ Clock

Fintan Stack

Registered
Hi All

I've just installed a new clock board on my TZ and I now have a working clock!
smile-1.png

The trouble is that it sits at 11:00 when idol and I assume it is supposed to be 12:00.
sad-1.png

Any ideas on what I can do about this? Any help will be most appreciated.

Cheers

Dean

You will probably have to mess about with repositioning the gears to get the alignment right. Note where the opto interuptor stops when it thinks it's at 12, then carefully repsosion the cogs so that the hour hand points at 12. If the hour hand is close to 11.30 the you may have the minute hand on 180 degrees out.

pinballmania' date=' post: 1678183 said:
You will probably have to mess about with repositioning the gears to get the alignment right. Note where the opto interuptor stops when it thinks it's at 12, then carefully repsosion the cogs so that the hour hand points at 12. If the hour hand is close to 11.30 the you may have the minute hand on 180 degrees out.

Absolutely spot on Andy!!

Sadly, after fixing this and having a properly functioning clock for one game, it has now gone completely nuts. I've had in bit so many times now, that I haven't a clue which way up everything is supposed to be. Oh well. That'll keep me busy for a couple of evenings....:eek:

Oh the joys of TZ clock !! :eek: Biggest PITA toy in all pinball. Mine had usual cooked opto, then the connector was flaky, then it would randomly work as and when it felt like it. I finally gave up tinkering with it ....couldn't be ****d to take it apart *again* .

Mine too was a pain for ages. I gave up trying to mend it, bought one of the single board replacements with warm white leds and haven't had a moments problem with it since (at least a couple of years, probably three or four). Cost about 40 quid I think, and was well worth it!

It was working fine after I installed the new board except it was always 11 o clock instead of 12! Now it's just got a mind of it's own! The last time I switched it on it just spun continuously! :eek:

I may just disable it for a while as it's doing my head in to be honest. Must have taken it to bits 20 times last night.

Fintan Stack' date=' post: 1678531 said:
Fixed!!!

27th time lucky it would seem. If it ever breaks again, I think I'd just leave it!! :confused:

Congrats,
smile-1.png

Nice one.

Excellent. Should put some of your new found wisdom into the 'tips 'n tricks' section.
wink-1.png

Just had probs with my TZ clock, it turned out that the shaft that holds the clock arms in position was able th move out slightly and every now and then the intrupptor was missing one of the optos sending the clock haywire, ended up putting a touch of glue on the cog and shaft to stop any in and out play,, touch wood seems ok now

Back
Top Bottom