What's new

Two pieces of advice for re-decalers

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
I have no idea why I haven’t thought of this before (I’m sure someone else must have done it but I have never come across it) on one of the many machines I have done over the years but I have just re-decaled my Soprano’s and it really bothered be that the coach bolts for the playfield support brackets came through on the cheeks of 3 of the characters (see Carmela, Tony and Dr Melfi) I think they painted them white at the factory to try and hide it but they still stood out like a sore thumb.

Bolts 1.JPG

Bolts 2.JPG

Also when you do all the bolts on a Bally/Williams (cabinet and back box) they tend to wrinkle the decals when you tighten them up which is always a pain in the ar5e.

Anyway, I was lying in bed and this brainwave hit me, just sink the bolts in and fill over them, how simple is that? So I did and it turned out really well, uninterrupted artwork with (as far as I’m concerned) no drawbacks

Bolts 3.jpg

Bolts 4.JPG

And the 2nd piece of advice? Never tell your wife what you are actually thinking while lying awake in bed!

Absolute fookin genius, and you posted it before I started my Fish Tales cabinet...... Thank you.
Ps try the Thatchers cloudy, it’s better than the plain one.

Back
Top Bottom