What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TWD Pro alternative ROM

Chris gaywood

Registered
Since I have got a TWD Pro incoming I was looking at alternative ROM's that are available. Those clever pinheads on Pinside seem to have been very industrious in producing various alternatives.
So for all you TWD owners can you share your own thoughts /videos and problems that you have experienced using these.
I have to say though surely the potential is there to do some wonderful things to Stern pins. How about replacing AC/DC with Black Sabbath. Me thinks that Black Sabbath is better as sound bites or what about a Metallica tribute pin. All you would have to do is change the translite.
The possibilities are endless - what do you think?

I have the Radiohead / Nine Inch Nails version on mine, really like it.
It's basically Cleland with less TWD theme music,more RH/NIN.

I have the Radiohead / Nine Inch Nails version on mine, really like it.
It's basically Cleland with less TWD theme music,more RH/NIN.

I'm really interested to try a mix with the proper actors voices but there's no way I could lose the theme music. That violin is absolutely addictive.

I'm really interested to try a mix with the proper actors voices but there's no way I could lose the theme music. That violin is absolutely addictive.
That is what I have on mine. Quotes from the show but all the original music. It's brilliant.

Clelands alternate sound rom is utterly brilliant, you'd think it was made by the actual sound designers at Stern

...still not tried anything but the factory audio!
...still haven't watched the TV series either, so i guess it'd be wasted on me.

The Radiohead/NIN mix is basically Cleland callouts with some different background music, if that helps.

Factory audio is going back on it in the morning. For me the mixes are just too unbalanced and random. Most of the time I can't even tell what they're saying. And it's erased all my high scores! Nooooooooooooo

Factory audio is going back on it in the morning. For me the mixes are just too unbalanced and random. Most of the time I can't even tell what they're saying. And it's erased all my high scores! Nooooooooooooo
The factory call outs are terrible. They sound like Mater from Cars.

The factory call outs are terrible. They sound like Mater from Cars.

Initially I thought the factory voices were ok, not brilliant, just ok. I hoped the actual cast voices would add something but they really don't. That mix really makes the game feel disjointed and confusing. 'Random' is the best way to describe it. Random in volume. Random in context. Random in legibility. It's exactly what it is; a random selection of voices thrown in with no context, mis-matching tones and sense of urgency. After trying that mix I now really appreciate the factory mix a lot more. It works.

Initially I thought the factory voices were ok, not brilliant, just ok. I hoped the actual cast voices would add something but they really don't. That mix really makes the game feel disjointed and confusing. 'Random' is the best way to describe it. Random in volume. Random in context. Random in legibility. It's exactly what it is; a random selection of voices thrown in with no context, mis-matching tones and sense of urgency. After trying that mix I now really appreciate the factory mix a lot more. It works.
Which one did you install ?

Surely not the Cleland version? The callouts are really well placed.

"Somebody hit the jackpot" when you get a WW jackpot.

"Not making a decision is a bad decision" if you're slow plunging.

"I'm going to beat the ****ety **** **** out of someone" well not sure about that one :rofl:

Surely not the Cleland version? The callouts are really well placed.

"Somebody hit the jackpot" when you get a WW jackpot.

"Not making a decision is a bad decision" if you're slow plunging.

"I'm going to beat the ****ety **** **** out of someone" well not sure about that one :rofl:
Cleland is a sound engineer I believe.

It was one of the links from Mark9 up above. Not sure which version normal or R rated. Just made the game a lot noisier (and I don't mean volume).

I installed the R rated one and was disappointed with it. A little bit to close to the bone for me. Will be reverting back to the non R rated one.
Snotty, need your assistance next time you are down to change it back.
Ta.

I installed the R rated one and was disappointed with it. A little bit to close to the bone for me. Will be reverting back to the non R rated one.
Snotty, need your assistance next time you are down to change it back.
Ta.
You will have to prise him off Iron Man first ! :)

Back
Top Bottom