What's new

TWD colour DMD. LCD or LED?

Lickashot

Site Supporter
Looking to put a colour DMD in my TWD. Which do you think suits the game better LCD or LED? Best place to purchase from would be appreciated too thanks.

Just to confuse things I prefer LED, they look like they should be there rather than an add-on which is surely the first consideration for any mod. 😉

Just to confuse things I prefer LED, they look like they should be there rather than an add-on which is surely the first consideration for any mod. 😉
I'm with you there but there are exceptions were it's done really well with LCD such as TSPP

I much prefer LCD (in Dots XL mode), but Walking Dead has a newer style backbox which forces the LCD screen to be mounted further back in the backbox, with an extra standoff kit. For that reason I'd maybe go LED.

They're both big improvements whatever you decide.

LED here also. Easier to install and looks like it was made for a pinball machine. With the exception of my TNG (which LED wasn’t available) and Met LE (came with LCD)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lcd is on my twd and a few others, led is so much brighter on my CV as you have no choice for that game,far to bright for me

You can turn the brightness down.

TWD screen panel is angled away from you slightly which I found made the LED’s look even harsher than they already are as they are glaring directly at you, blinding you and putting you off your game. Picture this, you have x2 playfield going, your X multiplier is on x12, you just hit the right ramp to start the crossbow mode, ball lands on left flipper, you know you can make the Arena ramp for your crossbow shot for a score that until now has been unimaginable - time seems to slow, the ball rolls down that left flipper, then all of a sudden your eyes tell your brain somethings not right, it’s hundreds of super bright LED’s piercing your retina - not one of them want you to make that shot, they literally hate you.... the inevitable happens, you miss [emoji3064]

LCD with stand off kit and foam gasket looks much better [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just a case of fitting it or is there anything else? Was told about uploading files if I try my AC/DC in it but if I just buy the specific LCD kit do I need a USB memory stick, I'm still new to this thanks.

I prefer the LED in the older classics like ball?will as the retro theme just looks right but I have LCD in my FG and it is stunning.
After trying both in GB ended up LCD there too. To be safe I normally keep 1 of each for pins coming in then when they leave the fold I ususlly stick the original back in unless someone wants to pay the extra.

As for the original question which looks better in TWD I actually think the original one with the red filted kinda works well

Not a fan of LED so LCD all the way (but maybe I should have turned the brightness down.)

Remember though if you buy LCD for the Walking Dead you also need to buy the stand off kit and a clear plastic screen.

You need the screen with LED also.

TWD screen panel is angled away from you slightly which I found made the LED’s look even harsher than they already are as they are glaring directly at you, blinding you and putting you off your game. Picture this, you have x2 playfield going, your X multiplier is on x12, you just hit the right ramp to start the crossbow mode, ball lands on left flipper, you know you can make the Arena ramp for your crossbow shot for a score that until now has been unimaginable - time seems to slow, the ball rolls down that left flipper, then all of a sudden your eyes tell your brain somethings not right, it’s hundreds of super bright LED’s piercing your retina - not one of them want you to make that shot, they literally hate you.... the inevitable happens, you miss [emoji3064]

That would never happen ;) crossbow loads you bang the button and B00M!

That would never happen ;) crossbow loads you bang the button and B00M!

Back
Top Bottom