What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turning images into vectorised ones

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
So I am looking to have a plaque made in memeory of my Dad

I plan on having it made the same size as an instruction card.

It’s going to go into a Munsters LE. I would like the Munsters logo to go on the plaque also.
0B3E8998-9D37-403E-B536-660FFDB7BE8C.png

I reached out to a plaque making business and they have asked for a vectorised image of the munsters Logo

Does anyone know how to convert image like this into a vectorised one?

Obviously I would pay for your time/end product.

Thanks

Its not easy - you basically have to do it by hand, creating vector curves to match the existing image. I'm not even sure how you tackle the shading.

Stern would have had to produce one for their table, if you knew someone on the inside maybe they might help out? There is also a company that produces Munsters toys (which look awesome by the way - https://www.bradford.co.uk/munsterhermandoll.html also these guys do a packaged version which almost certainly needs a vector logo http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2013/09/the-munsters-select-series-3-is-speeding-towards-stores/) they might have something? Copyright might be an issue but if you explain the purpose, maybe they can help out. Might be worth an email.

Having said that, for such a small plaque (instruction card) I don't think its necessary to have a vector image. Usually they're only required in situations where you have to increase the size of the image (thereby avoiding pixellation). Try another place and see if they require the same format?

You can do it in illustrator but your final output can vary in quality and usefulness (I never use it for laser cutting cause its garbage).

I can have a go later for you if you want. I'm Vectoring some art for plastics anyway. I'll message you either later or in the next day or two.

Munsterslogod.jpgMunsterslogod.jpg

Here's a grey .jpg that would probably do you and an .AI file that should do them.

Attachments

• Munsterslogod.ai
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
If you can get a sufficiently high resolution JPEG or equivalent (lossless file format would be even better) then I'd imagine that would be as good if not better for something the size of a plaque than someone having to trace it by hand.

Back
Top Bottom