What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trough Wire Gate Broken

Matrixnetuk

Registered
Hi Guys,
ive been getting more than one ball mid play being shot out from the ball trough, so decided to take a look under the apron at the trough and lo and behold i have a broken gate :-( could this be the cause of the random balls or just a coincidence, still playing ok'ish but still getting the odd extra ball plus there seems to be a delay registering when a ball drains, Im guessing i need to re-instate a new gate asap thanks in advance
Stef
IMG_1748.JPG

That to me looks like the one way gate in the trough area. It stops the ball bouncing back once the out hole kicker has kicked it into the trough
area. I’d check switches in that area in switch test using a ball not a finger. You don’t say what game so does it have 2 or 3 balls in the trough. Ken

I have a load of those (somewhere). Just replace it with the proper part . No point having an intermittent trough as it’s the most important mech on a game. Also there is validity in replacing all The trough switches to (if you use the proper high quality ones)

Thanks for the fast replies guys , will start by checking the switches , with a ball as suggested , will place an order for some new switches plus the gate wire-form , im still new to pinball ownership so will build up spares as i go along
really enjoying Twilight zone its just as i remember only better as im not endlessly feeding money in to play it lol

Back
Top Bottom