What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Tron Legacy "Flynn" sign

Cheers for heads up. Am waiting for a DK original one to pop up as they look slightly different.

Long shot but does anyone have the installation instructions for the original DKpinballs Tron Flynn sign? (I would presume the repro is the same)

My sign has arrived, it's got a very long cable that connects to a shorter 4 (maybe 3, haven't got it in front of me) pin adaptor, not croc clips, which I guess plugs in somewhere but I have no idea where. The cable is so long that it makes me think it connects in the backbox somewhere rather than GI, but I don't really have a clue lol.

The original sale thread on Pinside described it thus:
Here are the details. The sign is back-lit by 6 small LEDs so heat build up isn't a problem. Also, the current draw is very small. The sign connects to the power with a very thin pair of wires that feed through the flash lamp and down behind the TRON cabinet. The connector was intentionally made small so the TRON cabinet does not need to be removed to install or remove this mod.

The power wire is long enough to route to the back of the playfield and then back up front to the power connection. This is so you can still lift the playfield without worring about pulling (or god forbit, ripping) out any connections related to this mod.
..but I'm having trouble visualising this.

Long shot but does anyone have the installation instructions for the original DKpinballs Tron Flynn sign? (I would presume the repro is the same)

My sign has arrived, it's got a very long cable that connects to a shorter 4 (maybe 3, haven't got it in front of me) pin adaptor, not croc clips, which I guess plugs in somewhere but I have no idea where. The cable is so long that it makes me think it connects in the backbox somewhere rather than GI, but I don't really have a clue lol.

The original sale thread on Pinside described it thus:

..but I'm having trouble visualising this.
Due up in the loft today, i will check. Don’t get your hopes up, but still.

Mine unfortunately (?) isn't that simple. It has a 2 pin connector on the end of a long lead which plugs into an adaptor which has a 3-pin (or 4-pin) Molex connector on it. I'm guessing - again from memory - that this would imply it plugs into the auxiliary power connector at the front of the machine, but I don't want to risk plugging it in if its supposed to go somewhere else.

The instructions or photos of where someone has plugged in the same mod would be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom