What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Tron Legacy "Flynn" sign

Go the whole hog and just get the large neon for the room and if you're up to it, have that come on... (neon is 250)

Maybe @TeaPea might be willing to split it off his machine (currently for sale) if he has time?

But otherwise i think they're becoming really hard to find.

Go the whole hog and just get the large neon for the room and if you're up to it, have that come on... (neon is 250)

If that was tied into the machine's GI; it'd be rather mental during Zeus...

Didn't get any notifications about replies to this for some reason.. (FYI @Paul )

Do you have a link handy? There are a few toppers available I think.

Maybe @TeaPea might be willing to split it off his machine (currently for sale) if he has time?

But otherwise i think they're becoming really hard to find.
Yup, apparently there is talk of them being resurrected (based off the fact that it says they are "coming soon" on a website, but don't think it's clear how long the website has been like that)

Strangely I got an email notification for your reply, and probably will for subsequent replies now that I have replied myself.

And yes - was getting email notifications for any thread I replied to. Just didn't get anything when my only post in the thread was the original one... if that makes sense.

Yeah, I couldn't get one... if you see a LOTR palantir on your travels (the one with a projector)...

The previous owner of my pin sold his one on here. To say I'm a bit gutted given how hard it is to get it now is an understatement.

Best you could do is to fashion a small FLYNNS logo on photo paper on a little bracketed sign, maybe with a flashing orange let strip behind it maybe when FLYNNS is lit?

Have contacted him, he said the same thing a while ago. Website hasn't changed, and I haven't had any update from him.

ncfom.jpg

I spoke to them a few weeks ago. I now have a sign as one popped up on e Bay a week later.
Here is what Kim has to say.

Hi Paul,
Had an issue with the first Laser Cutter company I had so taking longer than I wanted to get everything laser-cut.
Had to toss the first batch out, laser-cutting is leaving residue/burn on the plastics & Mike's old laser guy is understandably too busy to help making TNA's and gearing up for Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle (Charlie @ Spooky Pinball).

I will put you on my FLYNN Sign WTB list and will try to keep you updated.

Cheers!

Kim Keist

I'm making some flynn signs - hopefully will be able to make a batch and sell some if there's interest. I'm in the final stages of getting the right lights in them. Have tried some 6v LED strips but they're not bright enough. I could buy from comet but was hoping to source in the UK somewhere - anyone know of suitable lights? Also, if I wanted to connect to the Flynn plastic sign that lights up when you have a bonus - is that a flasher light? And therefore 12v?
Cheers

What do you mean by the "Flynn plastic sign" ? The bit that sits above the Zen flasher?

Yeah the raised plastic to the right of the arcade, that says Flynn's on it and lights up when you do a combo. Not sure if its zen or not. Would post a pic but not with the pin at the moment. For me, the Flynns Sign mod should light up when you have a bonus to collect from the scoop ideally and so that flasher (if it is a flasher) would be the best point to hook up to.

I'm making some flynn signs - hopefully will be able to make a batch and sell some if there's interest. I'm in the final stages of getting the right lights in them. Have tried some 6v LED strips but they're not bright enough. I could buy from comet but was hoping to source in the UK somewhere - anyone know of suitable lights? Also, if I wanted to connect to the Flynn plastic sign that lights up when you have a bonus - is that a flasher light? And therefore 12v?
Cheers
Flasher to the right of the arcade scoop - yes 12v.

Cheers
I'd be interested.

Yeah the raised plastic to the right of the arcade, that says Flynn's on it and lights up when you do a combo. Not sure if its zen or not. Would post a pic but not with the pin at the moment. For me, the Flynns Sign mod should light up when you have a bonus to collect from the scoop ideally and so that flasher (if it is a flasher) would be the best point to hook up to.
I'd definitely be interested in one of these. :)

The Zen flasher lights up, from memory, when you miss the arcade on a skill shot, when the ball drops down the inlanes instead. I don't think it lights up at other times save for lightshows or whatever. Being a flasher it doesn't stay lit anyway, so doesn't sound right for a Flynn sign unless you want the sign to also flash and be off most of the time.

There is an insert to the right of the arcade that would be lit (solid or flashing, again can't remember) when there is a bonus to be collected.

30996F14-B3D9-4FA7-A628-4F80EDF723CE.jpeg

Not sure how easy it would be to tap into this though. On the Pro it should be simple as I think it's a regular socket, but on the LE it would be on a board.

Again playfield not in front of me so could be easier than I realise.

Pretty sure it lights up when you have a bonus to collect. For me the flynn sign should have a purpose, and emphasising the bonus is a good use of it - but I get that not everyone will agree. I'll likely offer either, as it'll just be a different rated set of LEDs inside. Still got some tests to do, and my version is upgraded compared to the original (minor upgrades so far, but I'm now looking into a more significant style change). Will post some pics and maybe start a new thread when the time comes. Work is pretty busy at the moment but I hope to have this finished within a month.

Cheers
@Jazzbouche

Is there any update on this? I've got an opportunity to buy an original DK Pinball Flynn sign, but at a fair whack over what they went for when originally offered. Would like to know how close you are to producing your one.. any photos or progress update?

Just a heads up for Tron owners that the working Tron upright that sits by the Flynn area is going on a short run production soon. I'll post details when confirmed.

@Jazzbouche

Is there any update on this? I've got an opportunity to buy an original DK Pinball Flynn sign, but at a fair whack over what they went for when originally offered. Would like to know how close you are to producing your one.. any photos or progress update?

Attached is the first version that I've been testing in my tron. The lights not bright enough, and I've sourced new strips from eBay which I'll be testing next. There's some light bleed around the edges which I'll be looking to eliminate too. The main thing is that for me it's a bit square and stands out compared to the curvy nature of the rest of the pin. The version I'm trying to get working is a curved profile that wraps around the flasher light a bit more (in the movie the wall and sign are curved too). But I've been away on work trips and then ill this past week so progress stalled. I also have ideas for a fully printed version with brick detailing. I'm hoping if I sell any of these then prices would be 50 - 100 depending on complexity of the final design. I would imagine it'll be at least another month or so depending on my workload. Plus I don't have the original version so I can't benchmark in terms of quality I'm afraid.

Attachments

• IMG_8913.JPG
    IMG_8913.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 43
^ all credit to you for having a bash. I can't comment on how it looks as never seen one before, and not got a Tron pin, but I really do have lots of time for people who create stuff themselves. Well done m8 - keep going with it.

Back
Top Bottom