What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transporting pins - best practices?

I had a yellow lifting trolley before I ditched it and got a better one. Think you'll find that the one you have is not quite long enough (ie lenght of platform) to reach the point of balance to lift the back properly even with backbox down.

Not what you want to hear but you will find it works a lot easier and better with a longer trolley.

What he said, I have a longer platform trolley that I got from machinemart when they were doing VAT free offer. Lifts the whole pin from the end with no pushing down on the lock bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m sure I have the same yellow one as you and for the most part it’s fine. I’ve moved all my games and it works ok for the amount of times I have to move them (not that often) - yes one with a longer platform will be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. I'm only going to be moving them very infrequently. If it's safe enough to jack from the front and push down on lockbar to move them around the same room, then I'll probably keep it.

I just didn't feel comfortable carrying on jacking the front up when it seemed the back was just going to remain solidly on the ground.

I can't find one with a longer bed that isn't 500mm wide (seems Machine Mart sell the Clarke ones which are 500x815), which is wider that the gap between the front legs.

I would add ....

• Never rush
  • Move them in daylight hours
  • Leave them overnight in the car when you are tired and / or when you return from a show
  • Don't move them when it is raining

As tempting as it is to just get the damned things moved, I wait until conditions are favourable

All good advice.

Only thing I'd add is not to leave backglasses on the machines if you are leaving them in a car/van overnight. Did this once with a game to find the backglass had started 'crazing' (if thats the right word) due to temperature changes overnight. It wasn't a disaster but had to replace the score display covers as I recall.

I would add ....

• Never rush
  • Move them in daylight hours
  • Leave them overnight in the car when you are tired and / or when you return from a show
  • Don't move them when it is raining

As tempting as it is to just get the damned things moved, I wait until conditions are favourable

Totally agree with this. Not being tired is a critical one. I nearly binned one of my games whilst moving it tired, lesson learnt!

Back
Top Bottom