What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Translite Boxes

Expired Due to no activity

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
With games coming in, floor space is filling up, and so wall space is being covered up :(

New games will be blocking the walls and with it my translite boxes.

Thinking about moving these on.. with translates in them
TRON 3D

Would be looking at £150 for the AVATAR
and £180 for the TRON.

Both boxes have LED multi Color strips and are remote control with different light effects

IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

IMG_9240.JPG

IMG_9239.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9245.JPG
    IMG_9245.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 20
Just discovered this old post; do you know where I can buy one of those translite boxes Dave?
I have an alternate tranlite on the way for my MET and I'd like to be able to swap between the different TL from time to time and have whichever one is not in use on the wall with a light behind it? (Ideally I'd like to be able to hang the TL in its frame/plastic cover on the wall rather than just the frame-transite on it's own to avoid the risk of damage/crease when swapping out each time?
Edit: following a bit of searching, it looks like I need to seek out a Stern translite frame (which come backlit), although they are bloody expensive and am not sure if I'd have to remove the TL from its plastic frame to frame in one of those🤔

Last edited:
Swerve KMS and buy direct from a Stern distributor, Stern offer them now in a black frame but as usual KMS can’t get them.

Stern also offers DMD frame and LCD frames, these silver/bronze frames are the old model.
Ah nice one, that’s worth knowing. Does anyone have one at all - any pics?

Attachments

• 4C2849E7-6D56-45FD-93CB-823BD64BE015.jpeg
    4C2849E7-6D56-45FD-93CB-823BD64BE015.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 19
These look the best that I have seen on the web but they are in USA. Flyland has them on web site.

Check out the lit frames web site but they are not cheap. Maybe a an option to arrange a group buy?

1635939146224.png

These look the best that I have seen on the web but they are in USA. Flyland has them on web site.

Check out the lit frames web site but they are not cheap. Maybe a an option to arrange a group buy?

View attachment 151821
I would definitely be up for a group buy on a Bally one. I have Flylands WH20's alternate translite (wishful thinking on a Whitewater). Would look great in that.

Maybe start a thread on a group buy option?

I would definitely be up for a group buy on a Bally one. I have Flylands WH20's alternate translite (wishful thinking on a Whitewater). Would look great in that.

Maybe start a thread on a group buy option?
TBH I wouldn't know where to start but Iam sure someone would have the knowledge. Maybe one of the importers that bring stuff over regular may be able to stick some in their containers?

I think I must've gone to the wrong website, as couldn't find the lit frames; how much are they?

Does anyone know if those frames require you to take the actual art out of the frame/plastic to install?

Looking on the Stern site, those ones are $110 + $90 shipping(!! plus customs charges) and come with a U.S power chord.
Blimey this is an expensive hobby!:)

I think I must've gone to the wrong website, as couldn't find the lit frames; how much are they?

Does anyone know if those frames require you to take the actual art out of the frame/plastic to install?

Looking on the Stern site, those ones are $110 + $90 shipping(!! plus customs charges) and come with a U.S power chord.
Blimey this is an expensive hobby!:)

I think the Bally Williams are $169 from memory not sure on shipping

Gents,
It’s a shame that PU stopped doing business with UK.
As @J85M mentioned, KMS only do the LCD type but PU parts did the DMD version which would allow the larger translites….
Also, I’ve badgered Franchi a few times about shipping his great translite art to UK but doesn’t respond so take that as a no.. I got my Sup78 from Brad at Lit frames - just the trans without frame but he was doing me a favour.
Really not sure why Franchi won’t do the art shipping.
It becomes too costly shipping the frames from US.
Cheaper to get the LCD type from KMS
DMD type from PU - if you can find a different method in.
The PU DMD style are over engineered but quality is excellent, they are the same style you get on high end retail advertising.
Ghostbuster and Tron are PU DMD Style.
others are KMS -Stern LCD
I’m after another one myself, just don’t know which one yet….
3D82D91A-2151-4E62-BB25-AD720147A3CE.jpeg
55504757-BE24-4289-9015-C4AAA689C700.jpeg
CF01B4FE-8E5C-4AE5-80B2-79C01F0E1A77.jpeg

I tried to buy something from KMS the other day, as previously buying from them.. they said they don’t sell to the UK

I tried to buy something from KMS the other day, as previously buying from them.. they said they don’t sell to the UK
Oh no, joking….. I logged into there site with my account and added an LCD frame, was just about to complete order but the shipping looked odd. Think it was 115 + 25 euro shipping for frame but in my basket it said 93 + shipping but was accepting my UK postcode.
I just cancelled as I didn’t make my mind up on translite to fill it.
Was going to revisit once I thought about translite….. 🙄

sure you don't have that confused with Pinball Universe? I order tons of stuff from KMS.

I tried to do a group buy but it was quite difficult to deal with them and then covid happened so killed it.

Spoke to Brad hunter @ Lit Frames Neil and he has confirmed that at this point in time they are not shipping out of North America
But he did say once they return to normal they should be good to go.
Lets hope its soon we maybe try get a group buy going.

Back
Top Bottom