What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTN Error messages

Pie Man

Site Supporter
switched on my TOTAN tonight to find error to switch 47 come on ( this is the switch up the main ramp, that opens the diverter when collecting a jewel ) I have checked for broken wires near the switch but all ok.
Also another error has come on saying the vanishing magnet is broken. Are these problems connected?
The game has been playing great since I bought it 12 months ago.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thankyou Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 19
Change the switch.
WPC95 machines were fitted with a batch of faulty switches.

switch 47? this is riveted to the ramp does it come as part of the ramp? if it is this would it solve the vanishing magnet problem do you think.

Ignore the vanishing magnet error. It comes up all the time and will clear itself. It happens if the magnet fails to grab a ball. If the vanishing magnet works during a game then there’s no issue.

In switch test short the two wires connected to switch 47. If there’s a response then the switch itself is bad, or if there’s no response then there’s a break somewhere in the wiring. This could be at the cpu, or at any of the other switches that are in the same row or column as switch 47 in the switch matrix chart.

Andy

Second the vanishing magnet, happened once to me as previous owner, when I looked into it, I was told it was a known periodic issue that doesn’t worry.

Sounds like a dodgy switch otherwise and your only problem may be riveting it, which once scared the living daylights out of me but I managed to learn de-riveting find (drill them out) and I got a riveting kit :)

Thanks guys for your help, Andy your advise was spot on and iv now fitted a new switch.
the vanashing magnet error has also gone off. Thankyou everyone.

Back
Top Bottom