What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTAN Magic carpet question

Pie Man

Site Supporter
iv had my TOTAN for just short of 12 months, great game probably get to play once a week, anyway iv noticed it getting more difficult to collect the jewels. My question is when the Magic carpet is lit at the bottom of the ramp then the ramp is hit should I be awarded a jewel ( at the moment this isn't happening )
It does happen though when the fire ball diamonds are lit also and the ramp is hit.
Please could some one let me know if this is correct.

Thanks in advance.

I don't specifically know this game, but when you switch the game on, it will give you a warning that something isn't right, something like "Press Enter for Test report". Open the coin door and press enter, it will give you a run down of any errors with the game, whatever switch this is. I would do that and report back any findings for further feedback.

Hello James
Yes i know what you mean, iv had this previously on this game and others, and then attended to the fault, but this is not the case. The game might be playing correct I am just not sure.
Thanks for your input.

Simon

If there is no switch error, put it in switch test and see if, with a ball, it registers every time, it may just be registering say 1 in 3, which might be enough to not get a switch error, but cause in game problems.

Or, you might just need to play better :p

Ha ha, ok well I have repaired/soldered that particular switch on the ramp enterence, it defiantly isn't registering/giving a jewel when the magic carpet is lit and the ramp is hit.
It's funny you would think an error message would come up on switch on.

Switch errors only pop if they've not been hit for a certain amount of games (i think its 15 but could be wrong) so it might be possible that you just havent played enough games since the switch last registered for the game to flag it up as an error.

I shouldn't think that a ramp entry switch would be the crucial action to award a jewel, in any case. It would be from the switch (or switches) further round the ramp

@simonwolstenholme From memory the switch on the enterance to the ramp only opens up the diverter on the ramp, there is another switch further along and the game awards a jewel while the ball is held in the fireball magnet. Its possible that because the ramp entry switch wasnt registering the diverter was making the ball travel down the right hand ramp instead of the fireball ramp, which obviously would not award a jewel

Ok but the diverter isn't opening to allow it to get to the fireball ramp ( when the magic carpet is lit )
The diverter does open though when the two purple fire ball diamonds are lit.
I am then able to collect the Jewel, which I am sure isn't correct

Back
Top Bottom