What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTAN fuse problem

Pie Man

Site Supporter
I have a problem with the 2 amp fuse blowing on my TOTAN its on the left hand side on the GIs, I have replaced it 3 times but seems to keep blowing during game play. Any help it trying to locate the problem would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
Ok thanks for that swopped to a 4amp and after one game the left hand side GIs go out again.
What should I be looking for?

A short on one of the sockets. A tab that is bent onto the body of a lamp. A bad lamp can do it too. If there’s nothing obvious, then find where the supply voltage comes onto the playfield. Choose a convenient place to unsolder a GI wire from the first group of lights to the next group. If the first group doesn’t blow the fuse, then add the next group and disconnect the further groups. When the fuse finally blows, then you know which group of holders is causing ten short. So then disconnect each of these in turn until you find ten culprit.

Ok fully understand and that would make sence, but would it not blow on general light up ? not just in game play

Maybe caused by vibration or something moving in the game disturbing the GI wiring ?

Ok there's a few mods on this with LEDs with crocodlie clips, I guess getting rid of these is my first way of iliminating any faults.

Good idea. I had a right head scratcher of a gi short on my wh20. Turned out to be a light mod which had a broken wire

Also on my Taxi, turned out to be a loose lamp holder on a lamp pcb. It would vibrate and cause the fuse to blow

Thanks for your help on this, problem solved it was a crocodile clip. Iv just had a dozen games and all seems fine.
Am I defiantly ok with the 4 amp fuse ? as that's what iv installed now.

Was the croc clip touching something then?

I know they're generally not the best thing from a electrical connectivity point of view, but loads of mods have them.

You can’t beat a hot soldering iron, I’ve added more LEDs to the GI’s in all my pins lighting up dark areas makes the pin look as it should have been, the bling factor!
buy the sockets and LEDs yourself each added light will set you back less than a £5 and don’t forget to buy the zip ties keeping the added cable tidy.
Does help if you can solder.

Pinball mania have all the sockets needed

Ok thanks for putting me right with the fuse. Yes it was a crockadile clip. Interesting on here how some people absaloutly love mods and some hate them. I suppose if they look the part and fit in there's nothing wrong with them.

Ok thanks for putting me right with the fuse. Yes it was a crockadile clip. Interesting on here how some people absaloutly love mods and some hate them. I suppose if they look the part and fit in there's nothing wrong with them.
I love the mods....and what qualifies as a mod ? Powder coating, colour dmd, changing bulbs to leds or just putting toys on the playfield, I get enjoyment from working on them just as much as playing them.

Bling your pin!

Back
Top Bottom