What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

There are two things to consider:

Yes the graphics have been filtered to look retro - but also the screen that comes with the game isn’t the best in quality - I’ve changed mine and it’s much better. It’s a HD screen 1080p on the game.

See my stream for how good it can look:

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks way better than mine, how much is the upgraded screen and where from?

Yeah true taking your eye off the ball is not recommended! Personally think they should have ditched the screen altogether rather than having a cheap looking one.

1 shot away from defeating 5 reactors :mad:. Should have been simple but the pressure got to me.

Anyone else get a lot of Lazarus ball saves? I must get one every other game. I'm not complaining as I need all the help I can get.

Here's a quick update on my TNA experience so far. I've had it about 2 months now, 227 games played, average ball time 0.54, average game time 2.48, 4 Reactors is my best so far.

I remember when this was first announced and dismissed it straight away - no ramps, no bash toys, nothing for me here and I was puzzled why others were talking about going through the hassle of trying to import one.

I always kept my eye on it and slowly started warming to it, watched all the videos and read all the reviews and then finally committed to buying one. I've owned fully featured games before like WOZ and Metallica to name a couple and it hasn't stopped me from slowly tiring of those so I realised that ramps and bash toys weren't always the key to an enjoyable game.

Most of my Pins have been bought without me ever playing them first and the same applies here. I think you can get enough of a feel for a Pin by watching videos and reading plenty of reviews to know whether you will like it or not.

I had a small issue with the ball save LED segment not working fully but Spooky have been very easy to deal with, initially sending me a control board and then when that wasn't the issue a replacement LED segment. They also sent me 2 sets of sling plastics when only one of them was less then perfect.

On to the gameplay, I'm enjoying it as much now as when I first got it. You could say that once you've taken a reactor down you have more or less seen most of what the game has to offer, which is kind of true, but it is the easy to understand rules and gradual increase in difficulty and pressure that make you instantly start another game.

I was one shot away from 5 reactors, all I had to do was hit the pop bumper, one of the easiest shots in the game and one you can hit even if you are not aiming for as the ball will generally ricochet on to it at some point, but the pressure got to me and I couldn't hit it for the life of me. I'm determined to get 5, and when I get 5 I'll be determined to get 6.

My favourite shot is letting the ball come down the left orbit to hit the left flipper, bounce onto the right flipper then 'half volley' it into the ball lock (EDIT: Just realised this is the secret skill shot). You can also do this to send it up the right orbit.

The hardest shot for me is the 'D' target in RAD. It's a little easier now I've adjusted the sensitivity of it.

This is the only real Pin I own now and that isn't a problem for me, but I do also have my V-Pin if I fancy a change, but to be honest all I have been playing is TNA. It's easy to get a few games in if you are pushed for time, although the temptation for one more game is huge.

Only time will tell if it loses its lustre. I can understand why it won't be for everyone but I'm glad I took a chance on it and have zero regrets in buying it.

Last edited:
Totally agree Marvello. It shouldn’t be as good as it is. But it just is. I played @BigBear77 when he had it for five minutes ?? and instantly wanted to own one. That sound track is amazing. I only got two reactors. It’s brutal.

Anyone else get their slingshot plastics? My right one broke on day one (even with the protectors fitted), shame Spooky don't provide spares with the machine considering the high price, first new machine I've bought that didn't come with them :(.

Anyone else get their slingshot plastics? My right one broke on day one (even with the protectors fitted), shame Spooky don't provide spares with the machine considering the high price, first new machine I've bought that didn't come with them :(.

I don’t think any of my new games have come with spare slings?

Had to check a few goody bags, but yeah it seems only JJP still provide spare slingshot plastics, so brownie points for them.

edit: check your IMDN goody bag Neil.. seems Stern still do after all.

Last edited:
i've got a load here to ship out to everyone who bought a game through me... i'll send out pre xmas.

Folks,
all of the games that have come into the UK will suffer with play field damage at the star posts. Suggest you all contact Spooky for Washers that they are sending out. Mine has this problem. Spooky are sending me a bunch I offered that if they send me a load I'll share them out. If you don't have this damage suggest you stop playing until you install this fix.

Neil.

Neil what’s the difference between a machine that has the issue and one without? Did the others just have these washers already installed at the factory?

no. it seems games up to some number are ok then a bunch of games that are at least 100 to 400 odd seem to have this issue. games made in the last couple of weeks are fixed but don't know how.

Marvello you got damage?

Neil.

from spooky?

I'm really ****ing annoyed they where not more proactive on this.

From Spooky yes. Probably wouldn't have noticed but saw the thread on Pinside and when I looked closely there appeared to be some damage starting, definitely on the left, not sure about the right until I take the Star Post up.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen on other Pins too.

20181211_193758.jpg20181211_193813.jpgp

Damn yeah mine has damage starting, would appreciate a couple washers if they send a load to you Neil

Damn yeah mine has damage starting, would appreciate a couple washers if they send a load to you Neil

Sure I’ve also ordered some of the other ones mentioned on pinside.

Neil.

I've got 40 rubber washers coming at some point so can give those out if the acrylic ones aren't suitable. They are very similar in size to the ones recommended on Pinside but won't know until they arrive and I fit them.

My concern with the acrylic ones is they won't leave much thread left for the nut.

Apparently iron maiden has this issue also?!

Yet my ****ing twenty year old ToM doesn’t. In fact I’ve smashed the plastic star posts on that and the playfield is solid.

Marvello Apparently you need 6 ? Is that what they sent you? I’ve asked Morgan at spooky to send a load but she hasn’t confirmed if you guys can email her at squirrel@spookypinball.com it might make it more certain. As soon as I get them I’ll post out.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom