What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

I’ll post details of the light I got tonight - it’s a car brake light at 12v! Few quid of eBay US.

Neil.

Did you have to dismantle them?

I did but only because I changed to the transparent diffusers from LEDOCD, and also the blue wire had snapped off on one of them. Otherwise I'm pretty sure they would have been OK.

I saw the link on pinside to a 12v 1157 superbright LED. Following that someone posted that it should be a 1156 (single light level bulb instead of dual with single bump not 2). Can't you get similar in the UK Neil? And is there a max size it should be (noticed that the UK bulbs seem to be a little longer).

I saw the link on pinside to a 12v 1157 superbright LED. Following that someone posted that it should be a 1156 (single light level bulb instead of dual with single bump not 2). Can't you get similar in the UK Neil? And is there a max size it should be (noticed that the UK bulbs seem to be a little longer).

I ordered the one Lionman linked. Didn’t bother looking locally.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TNA set up after it finally stopped raining :clap:. I read a post about being able to adjust the Contrast/Brightness/Gamma of the screen but can't see those anywhere in the software settings?

As per other posts I've read the balls that came with it were not the best, they looked a little corroded in places so I've put some other ones in I had spare.

I've had to email Spooky as my Ball Save display is misbehaving. It is missing a segment when displaying 4, 3 and 2. Strangely they light up fine for the other numbers :hmm:

Quick question for TNA owners, when the ball drops down from the right orbit, does it always hit the right sling? Mine always does unless it is a fast shot up the left orbit. I've seen videos where it always clears the right sling, dropping straight to the right flipper every time. Mine is levelled horizontally and has a 6.5 degree incline.

Mine clears it pretty much all the time unless it’s a really slow feed, i.e. for the most part even a short plunge falling back down will clear the sling.

Mine clears it pretty much all the time unless it’s a really slow feed, i.e. for the most part even a short plunge falling back down will clear the sling.
Cheers. Found a post on Pinside with Scott recommending bending the end of the lane guide out a little so I'll give that a go. I'm blaming this for my less than brilliant scores ;)

Cheers. Found a post on Pinside with Scott recommending bending the end of the lane guide out a little so I'll give that a go. I'm blaming this for my less than brilliant scores ;)

I guess you could also loosen the lower nut and push the guide over to the left as far as it will go whilst tightening it up, probably a little bit of play in there.

I really love this game, my other two machines don't get much play at the moment! I find it really good if I need to wake up, a coffee and a few games on TNA and I am wide awake and ready to get on with what I am supposed to be doing again :D Just cleaned and waxed mine this morning so it's lightning fast right now.

mine and Paul's don't do that but Martin's did, it nearly caught me out a couple of times. Martin you should adjust also.

I've had to email Spooky as my Ball Save display is misbehaving. It is missing a segment when displaying 4, 3 and 2. Strangely they light up fine for the other numbers :hmm:

Spooky sent out a replacement LED board but I had exactly the same issue. I swapped the faulty Ball Save numeric display with the one in the Core and the issue is now in the Core, so definitely a faulty numeric display. I've emailed them for a replacement.

I also had a less than perfect left sling plastic and they sent out 2 sets of sling plastics so top marks to Spooky. It's a pain having these issues with a new Pin but as long as the manufacturer resolves them it's all good.

I’m having a recurring issue with the machine kicking out balls randomly - the opto for the ball trough I think is hosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adjusted the right lane guide so it no longer hits the right sling. Also adjusted the RAD standups as they weren't sensitive enough. No more excuses now, I can't blame the setup for my low scores anymore :)

Really enjoying TNA, it's perfect for getting a few games in whilst my tea is cooking and suits my short attention span.

Adjusted the right lane guide so it no longer hits the right sling. Also adjusted the RAD standups as they weren't sensitive enough. No more excuses now, I can't blame the setup for my low scores anymore :)

Really enjoying TNA, it's perfect for getting a few games in whilst my tea is cooking and suits my short attention span.
I did my lane guide too - much better now!!!

Question for TNA owners. I recently got to play one quite a bit and was surprised how low quality the graphics were on the screen, like the resolution was 240p or something. At first I thought the resolution was set wrong but could find no setting to change, so I guess Scott made them this way on purpose? I.e. for retro look? Awesome machine either way.

Back
Top Bottom